No useful information available in new homepage

I fully agree with this.

I had favourited games so I could easily keep track of them. For instance how many players games I helped develop has, in an easy and fast way that didn’t require me to play it repeatedly to keep it in view. I also used “Recently played” to know what games I played not that long ago, in order. Furthermore, I used “Friend activity” to know what my friends are playing.

This new home page doesn’t seem to have any sort of filters that make it easy for me to keep order and track of what I am interested in, or have been playing, and makes it more confusing to know what my friends have played and what I have played. It also doesn’t seem to be sorted in any kind of way at all. Just one big hotch potch of games.

It also makes it stressful to view “My Feed” and “Blog news” which I sometimes checked. I sure hope Roblox reverts this update, or adds a setting so we can add filters that we want.

5 Likes

What was wrong with the homepag in the first place? Having to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the page just to see other things than the insane amount of tiles is just crazy. Heavily disliking this update.

6 Likes

This can’t be intentional, right?
right???

19 Likes

Roblox please revert this, the homepage was fine, there was nothing wrong with it.

This is so hideous and inconsistent I think I’m going to vomit.

11 Likes

This is by far the worst design change I’ve ever seen done to the site. There’s really nothing else to say

33 Likes

Is there any chance that these features won’t be permanently removed, as they apparently seem to have been:

• Ability to see previously played games on the “Home” page sequentially
  • Ability to hide friends games from the Homepage. Sort of same thing, but I really couldn’t care less what my friends are up to and that’s probably the same for a majority of users.

It’s a real pain to find a game you’ve just been playing. It’s something that was super useful for me and is now apparently completely gone forever without warning.

3 Likes

I really appreciate everything that has been done to the home page since it was created way back when it was just a feed, but this is a huge regress and keeping it like that would be a big mistake, in my opinion, from Roblox’s end.

1 Like

I guess these changes truly are random? Because some people got changes to the games page while I did not:

And some people got changes to the homepage, and this time I can see the change too:

Shouldn’t it be both or none? Really makes things more confusing than it should be.

And I agree with everyone else here. The homepage change was really bad and should be reverted.

Excuse me what the hec-

The homepage should be more like the YouTube dashboard. Allow users (or devs) to customise it how they see fit. This seems super unnecessary and devs/beta should’ve been told.

6 Likes

Glad I wasn’t selected for this homepage update. Still have the nice one.

3 Likes

tl;dr if it isn’t broken why fix it?

The new homepage seems to be a giant blob compared to the useful and laid out information that was previously present, this change:

• has made the home page more clunky
  • has made the game sorts less organized
  • will completely nuke any interest in the features underneath it (status, group shouts, etc)

We have a game sort. Please do not make my HOME page a GAME page. I know how to get to the games page and much preferred the old layout, because:

• Games I favorited were on my Home Page, and easily accessible. Now they are not. What is the point of favoriting a game?
  • I could easily rejoin games that I replayed often.
  • I could see what my friends were interested in.
  • None of these features took up much room, and allowed me easy access to the features underneath.

I feel like Roblox is not focusing on the IMPORTANCE of categories. First you take away my genres, now you take away my recently played/friends activity/favorites?

18 Likes

Classic Roblox. Making changes without some sort of poll or advice from the community. We log in on a random day and boom! things are different, but only for a random selection of victims apparently, who have no say in if they want to opt-in or opt-out. I know some of us signed up for beta so we should expect changes like this, but I still feel like some sort of heads up and feedback before things go live for testing would prevent such a negative response as this thread has shown.

8 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

I hate the new homepage, please allow us to customise it.

4 Likes

Okay, so here’s the pros and cons:

Pros:

• New friend circles that show who’s currently playing on the game tiles are nice.

Cons:

• No categories, so it looks and feels very messy.
  • There are 12 entire rows of games. Why are there more games on the home page than on the Games page?
  • The activity feed, bless its heart, has been completely buried by this. You have to go so far down to see it now.
8 Likes

I just want to add how insane this is.

6 Likes

Hey – thanks for all the feedback. This is a feature we are testing, as we continue to iterate on the overall Roblox app.
The goals of this test are:

1. to show a better visualization of which friends are playing which games
  2. keep easy access to your most recent and favorite games
  3. explore a unified list that shows a flexible mix of recent, favorite and recommended games

We will be testing different ordering, and will continue to adapt the layout short-term and long-term. Based on some of your feedback, we probably need to cap the number of friends’ games so it doesn’t push everything too far down, and try making the overall length of the list shorter. I also get it that you want better shortcuts or filters or sections to see only your recents/favorites/etc.

Long term, we want to have a version of the game card that can show friends playing as well as the game stats so no information is lost, as UnderMyWheel suggested. I also like the suggestions here around how to improve the feed section.

Finally, we’ve already caught a bug or two that made non-relevant or non-playable games end up at the top of the page. If you feel like this is happening to you, please post a screenshot and say which games in your list just seemed “wrong”. If we’re not showing good, relevant games in the list, then this feature is not working as intended.

Thanks,
Sisteralligator

12 Likes
  1. keep easy access to your most recent and favorite games

You cannot abide by this point while also attempting the following:

1. explore a unified list that shows a flexible mix of recent, favorite and recommended games

Mashing every category of game that had been on the home page into one unsorted list is confusing, hard to keep track of, and introduces an extra step where the website tries to predict what we want to see. Why introduce a system that tries to predict what players want to see when we already had everything we wanted to see in an easy-to-sort-through format utilizing categories? The ideas behind this change seem like a solution in search of a nonexistent problem and completely unnecessary. It only degrades site functionality because this aspect of the page already did its job perfectly previously.

I like the idea of displaying who’s been playing what games in the friend activity sort, but I really do not want that to come at a cost of losing our ability to see the ratings and player count of that game.

In short, adding extra hoops for us to jump through in order to view information we already had cohesive, organized access to just for the sake of adding an interest prediction system is extremely annoying for the end user.

Thanks for listening to our feedback!

15 Likes

Exploration is fine, and Roblox is all about that. But this exploration has virtually unanimous disapproval from the developer community. At what point will the exploration stop when developers are saying it’s gone too far? Will data such as visits / load-time of the homepage be taken into account?

I think it’s also fair to say, this is the bullet point where I think most developers here disagree with the feature.

Draw the mixed list idea to the extreme, imagine if the entire games page was nothing but a mix of all the games from all the sorts.

We want order, not chaos

Recently played, Favorited, Friend activity.

Games belong in sorts.

8 Likes

Firstly thanks for responding.

To add on from above, it might be a better idea to allow the ability to customise the home page to make it better fit. For some users, they may want it like this, for others they may want it with more order.

1 Like