No Way To View Moderation History

Using the new settings page, there is no way to view moderation history anymore, unless there is a hidden button to view it.

My friend DonnyTheDarkOne told me about this in case anyone cares. I didn’t discover it myself.

19 Likes

I can’t imagine they’d forget about it with all of the procedures that no doubt go through to rework a page. The change was probably intentional and not a bug.

Oh. I did not see that.
I will probably just keep the thread how it is until we get admin word if that was on purpose or not.

Removing the moderation history was an intentional decision.

8 Likes

Interesting, for what reasons? Just for privacy in case of an account breach (similar to email being ***'d out), or something else?

12 Likes

I don’t think it should of been removed, a lot of sites show you your previous moderation/ban history. It helps to reflect on past events to help you think ‘ah shouldn’t do that or this is Y why X happened’ seems really weird to remove it over 7 years later.

As a substitute, would we be able to our moderation history emailed to us every 6 or 12 months? Like a ‘your year in review’ and perhaps throw in some cool achievements in there like ‘you made 3 friends this year, played X hrs of games and had 5000 place visits. Well done!’ would be really nice

24 Likes

After being apart of this community for a while, I started to realize one major information that players do not know about themselves. This “information” is basically having the ability to see your moderation history.
This feature did exist back in 2016 but was removed due to some people perceiving it as a “cool” record and showing it off to others. However, I still think this feature plays a MAJOR role in preventing most of the community from rule-breaking, and needs to be brought back with some advanced changes.
Why is this feature useful? It helps players keep track on their moderated past and reminds them what rules they’ve broken. This could even potentially show how much warnings a person will receive until further actions will be taken on their account. Knowing this, players will take extra precautions based of the warnings they’ve gotten. This is also useful for parents who want to make sure their children are not misbehaving too.
If anyone agrees or dissagrees about this feature returning, feel free to leave your thoughts.

33 Likes

I completely AGREE to this. I still remember moderation history when it existed.

I would like to see my past moderations, that would really help me a lot because then I could look how many warnings I have before I will be banned.

Maybe you should consider opening a request in #platform-feedback:website-features

9 Likes

This should come back, especially for developers. You can’t DevEx with too many rules broken, making it difficult to track your moderation history. A great feature would be to appeal straight from the website, for moments where you were falsely moderated for an asset. (Example: Music being considered “distorted” or being asked to provide lyrics for a song with no lyrics.)

20 Likes

Support. I think the age of bragging about moderation was back in the old forum days. Currently, there isn’t really a way to brag about it except group walls I guess? Even so, the community is mostly children now and their main goal isn’t to brag about swearing that one time. It is discouraging to create a game sometimes wondering if you might not even be allowed to DevEx because of some past moderations. I would like to have peace of mind when developing, and this feature I think would bring that.

Thank you for consideration.

8 Likes

Being able to view our moderation history is a right that we currently do not have. As of now, it’s literally impossible to keep track of how many ToS infractions you’ve had. This was an incredibly useful feature that got removed over petty reasons; it must come back.

9 Likes

I also completely agree that users should be able to view their moderation history.

As an aspiring developer with previous moderations and a mostly free summer ahead of them, I find it incredibly disheartening to be unable to look at past moderations and gauge for myself the probability of being ineligible for DevEx.

5 Likes

I’ve just seen this discussion come up again, and now that GDPR is a thing, Roblox is required to make this information available on request, as it is personal information collected on a specific user.

5 Likes

They removed the feature before GDPR was put in place, back in 2016

This feature request doesn’t really have anything to do with GDPR. The request is to have it viewable on the website without making a formal GDPR request.

So not sure what the posts above are on about. If you made a GDPR request in the past, did not receive moderation history related data, and you think it falls under personal data, then you should make a complaint about that with your national privacy watchdog. It has nothing to do with this feature request. GDPR does not require companies to always show all data they have on a user, only when a request for it is made.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.