NoCollisionConstraint fails when Touched event is active

When using a NoCollisionConstraint, its possible for the parts to collide if there is a TouchTransmitter active on one of the two parts. This happens if a Touched event is connected to one of the parts.

I created a repro place with a TestService unit-test in place to demonstrate the problem:
NoCollideTouchTransmitter.rbxl (15.8 KB)

(cc @kleptonaut)

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. Disabling the API change referenced in my original post had some other consequences I didn’t account for. Should be fixed in next weeks release!

1 Like

I found a temporary workaround that suffices what I needed this for, though it isn’t as efficient.

I’m trying to add a door to my building game that only opens for people who are friends with the baseplate’s owner, and wanted to utilize the NoCollisionConstraint since I already have a lot of collision groups allocated for other things.

Turns out the Humanoid has a Touched event now, so I can relay this event in reverse. I’ve got a few ideas for avoiding overhead with this, so it should all work fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.