Non-Euclidean Illusion In Roblox

How many lines of code did it take

1 Like

325 lines of code 30charsssssssss

1 Like

Well maybe you can make a game out of it, anyway good job

1 Like

Thanks!, and good idea i am already doing that

Canā€™t wait to play it good luck, teach me some day.

1 Like

Thanks! 30charsssssssssssssssss

Pretty much all you need is ego mooses smooth teleporterā€¦

2 Likes

the point is there are no teleporters in this, itā€™s an actual illusion the perspective changes

o_o oh dang, Iā€™m listening (30 chars)

1 Like

So basically from the outside itā€™s a looong way but when you enter the tunnel the perspective changes really fast and it looks so short when you enter the tunnel and exit out it would look like you went that long way but only the perspective changed you didnā€™t teleport your position is the same

OHHHH, that makes so much sense actually, I was thinking maybe some hacky forcefield and glass which created the long effect or ego mooses teleporter but I didnā€™t expect thatā€¦ good job bro, I like it

2 Likes

Thanks! i will soon post a demo game for this so people can have fun with it

Canā€™t wait to see it, meaning that saying that I love it so much!

1 Like

Oh so its just a camera trick? very clever, Well done XD the wall between programming and magic is a thin one :stuck_out_tongue:
surely that means tho, that your locked to first person and any tools your holding will be distorted?
I guess you could just create distorted models and swap them out tho, as an easy fix?

1 Like

Omg Dj Moose face :D.
Iā€™m glad to be a part of this thing. :smiley:

1 Like

In all seriousness, I think this has a lot of potential and is pretty cool. Probably wonā€™t make sense in a live game but itā€™s cool anyways! Iā€™m curious but does it work with other objects? Ie you could pass a cube in and it will come out the other side?

4 Likes