Non-responding studio cannot be closed

I’m not really sure of the cause to this, or whether it was a change with the programs code or whether it was a windows update (however I have not updated my windows in a long time or anything likewise), but there was a case where my studio stopped responding after pressing “Play” to test my place and it stopped responding. I would solve this by ending the process by clicking the red X and then confirming a dialogue box, or if that didn’t work I’d resort to using task manager to manually end the process, but neither of which work.

Nonrespond.png

This dialogue box appears when trying to close it, which has never happened before, but when selecting “End Process”, it does not close. It is still open now and I think I’ll have to restart my PC to get rid of it as I cannot open studio any more without the loading studio box to stop responding too.

EDIT: Tried shutting down PC, even when displaying the shut down animation the window would not close. After my screen turned blank to imply it had shut down, the external lights were still on and I could hear the fan still running. Weird :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Roblox studio is evolving.

It’s 2016, we can’t just crash the program, that’s so 2015. We need to crash the entire PC!

1 Like

it gets better every year

Spooky that task manager wouldn’t let you close it.

I should write a creepypasta about it.

2 Likes

Can you send me a copy of the place in question?

It hasn’t happened again so far. It may have just been a one-time odd occurrence. Would you still like the save file otherwise?

End process never does anything in that window, you need to actually open task manager and select the process and end it.

Yes, I tried doing so but the window continued to stay open.

Yes. This is a pretty severe issue. I can at least make sure it’s truly a one-time issue.

I’ve never seen task manager not able to shut down anything. It just stops running the program. It goes away. Pressing “End Process” in the default pop up window is not the same, that’s just like pressing the X.

I think I recall what happened that when I pressed “End Process” that dialogue box seen in the picture appeared.

Pressing “End task” from Task Manager should kill anything that isn’t responding.

I understand that too, which is why this caught me off-guard :confused: , the only solution was force shutting down. I have no idea what happened.

That window only appears when you click a frozen window and sometimes if you use End Task from the task manager. It will not pop up if you use End Process from the task manager. Next time this happens, go to the processes tab (or Details tab on Windows 10), find RobloxStudioBeta.exe, select it, and click End Process.

That’s what I did, it didn’t close it. Not sure if it was a problem with my actual computer.