Nonuniform Unions: Now Available on Production

Unions scaling uniformly was one of the biggest reasons I never used Unions, this helps and saves me a lot of time. Thank you so much for doing this!:+1:

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed some of the images in this announcement are failing to load?
(Again!)

(
Screenshot_20220817-002816

)

1 Like

Issue here: what if union embedded script and set to boot by migration?

That’s why it’s a three-phase rollout :slight_smile:, to give you time to deal with stuff that the migration can’t automatically do for you! If you have some more complex cases like scripts that dynamically create unions you’ll probably want to set the rollout to Disabled and take some time make sure that your interactions still work right / adjust the scripts if necessary before you Enable it.

2 Likes

And will staff do same to models in creator market place?

No, the owners of those models will have to update them if they so choose, we don’t intervene and modify marketplace content for people (outside of removing inappropriate content).

As noted at the end of the post I’ll publish a plugin and/or Lua code that can be used to migrate a model in the future post rollout to deal with affected marketplace content that people still want to use.

Also the images in the post should be fixed now!

1 Like

This is actually really useful. It’ll be much easier to build things without meshes with the ability to stretch unions in one direction. This update definitely needed to be made, thanks Roblox!

It seems features you’re involved in always have nice care taken to help developers migrate, e.g. the care taken with the release process for the new draggers, the plugin built to help with the audio privacy issue, and now the migration feature here. Not sure if you had a primary hand in all of these, but the time and effort invested into handling these things carefully and thoughtfully is super appreciated.

5 Likes

I’m probably going to like that update.

um this union or parts update idk ruined a lot of my models that now are all glitched. the textures on part spheres are rendering in a position before it wasn’t, builds are all messed up because of the spheres and cylinders used on it. and i dont feel like fixing it because roblox likes to break everything, please fix the damaged and bad resized unions and parts now. and leave them as they were. because is so annoying having to fix 100+ things that are rigged and animated already.

1 Like

If you post screen shots it will probably help the team behind this diagnose what’s going on. Sounds like something with the UVs.

Sure, i wasn’t sure if i could post images. here you go:
how it has to look:
how it looks now:
how this build looks now:

how it has to look: image

before that update:
after:

(their faces are weirdly centered, is a sphere part with a decal on it.)

2 Likes

I doubt this update has anything to with this though.

2 Likes

thanks for informing me! i didn’t know where to catalog it on since this is new to me.

Around 1 week ago I experienced this feature without enabling something, so I guess it was a test. I like it.

1 Like

That’s why my unions broke! I opened Trident yesterday to find all of my unions had their scale reset. Tried using version control to no luck, but switching UnionsScaleNonuniformly to Enabled fixed the issue.

2 Likes

The wide range of people that helped make this feature is amazing!

1 Like

Hah I was just needing this a few days ago! How awesome to have this!

7 Likes

This is awesome! It will be so great to use!

I have wanted this since I started using unions.

This is exactly what I and map builders need, essentially One of the best updates in Developers community, small but efficient. Love it :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like