Not able to report spam topics

Literally cannot flag spam topics. How am I suppose to flag spam if it doesn’t let me…

3 Likes

yeah it happens. for some reason DET thinks something like this isn’t breaking the rules. When they take down good posts. If a DET member think’s it’s not breaking the rules that happens. Even tho it does(most of the time)

1 Like

This happens when a mod already responded to the flag. You should wait a few minutes before re-flagging if no action is taken.

1 Like

Makes sense. Message is a bit unclear as to what action has been taken while reporting.

1 Like

You usually won’t see anything besides your report being updates in your inbox and the post disappearing after like 3-5 minutes.

It gave the same response when I first reported and the message is worded in a way that seems like mods already reviewed previous spam reports and marked it as ok. Bit confusing on the user end since there was an 8-10 minute delay between post and action.

1 Like

This is exactly why I have lost faith in the predefined reasons and instead manually write “spam” or “off-topic” using the “Something Else” option since it bypasses that message and flags regardless. I would recommend this long term.

4 Likes

And people wonder why I complain about DET being as incompetent as they are…

Posts will get approved if they have been previously flagged and a DET member deems it within the rules/a perfectly allowed post, making it unflaggable (except for “Something Else”) as you can see here. This means one of the devforum moderators looked at this post being flagged, and after having a look at the forum rules and development discussion rules decided it broke no rules, was related to Roblox development, and encouraged meaningful and thoughtful discussion.

Despite what @ItsKoiske says, this alert means the post will not be removed unless someone specifically uses the “Something Else” flag (and even then, doing that doesn’t necessarily mean the person handling that alert will take the action needed) - If a post gets removed/locked/unlisted, you can still flag it regardless.
Someone will need to go out of their way and use the “Something Else” flag for that post to have any chance of getting removed.

1 Like

It does not? I’ve reported many posts under different different categories and the posts have been removed. Unless you’re talking in a sense where you’re requesting a topic to be deleted, but even then they won’t delete it unless you’re the OP and have a very good reasoning behind it.

1 Like

I’m kind of tired of seeing you have one complaint about Roblox on every single reply I see from you(mostly DET, Development Discussion, and the DevForum itself) so, despite this being off-topic, I’m going to address this here.

DET receives thousands of flagged topics per day. And how many DET members are there?

Screenshot 2022-01-29 11.57.03 PM.png

TWENTY Only. Twenty. They don’t have time to fully analyze every flag they receive. So I politely request that you stop being ignorant.

P.S. A couple months ago, I was once in your shoes. I thought DET was being “incompetent” for taking down valid posts. I even thought that the DET accounts, were bots, and not real people which was…completely ignorant. But once I realized how important they are to the DevForum, I stopped complaining about the valid topics they take down. The DevForum would be chaos without DET.

1 Like

Gonna quickly correct you here, not every member of that group is actively moderating the forum. If anything there are 5-7 people doing so on a daily basis.

2 Likes

If this is an important problem for you, you should post a separate thread on it in #forum-help:forum-features . It’s off-topic on this bug report.

3 Likes

Locking as this is solved.