Not able to select parts on roblox studio

Yep, it does it to them as well.

Yea as @RMofSBI mentioned I am not able to select anything. I also saw that thread and checked the collision group on some parts and they were set to default.

I read somewhere that a team member accidentally created a gui and it was on topā€¦have u looked for any new instances of gui, maybe in starter gui?

Iā€™ll check it out tmr , but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case . I will check it tmr tho just in case.

1 Like

You seem to have parts, models, and meshes organized into folders under the workspace, so using the lock tool to point at a part in the viewport and lock it could inadvertently cause the whole folder to be locked, functionally locking all of the folder descendants.

Hereā€™s a video with this happening

If I had to guess, this it probably what is happening to you too. To reverse this effect just use the lock tool and point at any part that is locked. If that part is in a folder, the whole folder will be unlocked again.

2 Likes

Nope itā€™s not that, I even disabled all uis . But as far as I know if there is a frame on top you can also select parts.

Nope it is not that, I can not even lock parts if I wanted toā€¦

@ItsFrensi it is not hard to copy and paste all the items from your workspace into a new file, and then when you publish it, you have the option to overwrite an existing file (which is the corrupted one), and your new file will now take the place of your existing game, with no other changes to the experience.

You will not start from scratch, it merely replaces the game file with your new file, the experience keeps everything else such as visits, game page, everything.

Consider this as a last resort, because the other thread about this, the OP had to do the same even after talking with Roblox support.

Well that will destroy some scripts wonā€™t it? We will have to do something with the data.
Iā€™ll talk with my scripters and let you know if it will be possible. I mean for sure we can transfer data but it might be a bit harder for them to do it safely.

You mean the data stores? With data stores i am unfamiliar with, but to my knowledge they arent kept locally anyway.

Regular scripts shouldnt be affected as far as i knowā€¦ the only thing is when you copy over local scripts to the new file, they switch to server scripts and you might have to migrate them over to local scripts.

I would do a test run on some other game first and see how it works before you try it on yours.

Try disabling all beta features and try inserting it 1x1

Remind me again, did all your teammates try to log out of Studio and log back in?

Yep, they did. We left and joined multiple times + I also closed team test to see if it would work if team test was off.

Sorry, this must be frustrating to say the least.

I think all of them are off, but just in case. Those beta features are closed right? (If I untick them they are closed?) They were checked but not saved.

I would imagine that if it is a studio wide change that youā€™ve made it would affect all your gamesā€¦ the fact that it is only one game, and across your entire team and their computers means it was a something done locally in that experience. But who knows. Maybe only that experience can use only that beta feature and so it affects only that game?

Yeaā€¦ I canā€™t understand what happenedā€¦

In your team permissions, have those changed or does every team member have the right to edit, etc. ?

So I tried to copy to place to another place, I also downloaded a copy but I still can not select parts on those copiesā€¦

Just untick them press save and reopen studio or try reseting all settings