Not being able to make my model smaller

I am building a model of Walther PPK in Roblox Studio. It is entirely made from parts and unions.

I was making it in larger scale, so I could make the model more detailed. When it came to resizing it back, so it would fit into player’s hand, I ran into a problem. My pistol is made from 2 bigger unions and few smaller ones. When the size of smaller unions got to 0.05 studs, I couldn’t continue in scaling it down.

The Roblox part size limit is a known problem, but I thougt changing the parts into unions would solve it. I also tried making player’s avatar bigger, therefore fixing the problem other way around. As a result, It was way more buggy, as player was moving slowly and his legs were moving super fast, camera for some reason moved into Torso and you could easily trip on anything.

My question is, are there any possible ways to size my model down?

1 Like

Have you tried using this plugin?

1 Like

I saw this link on other post about this and tried downloading the plugin. But when I try it and choose Roblox Studio, a sign with text “Could not open the file “” because it no longer exists.” pops up.

Maybe it’s a problem with Mozilla Firefox, Imma try different web browsers.

Ok, I downloaded the plugin and tried using it.

When I use scaling with percent bar or draggers, it just shatters my model and sends few messages into output.

1 Like

This is probably due to one of the parts in the model being too small to resize, try checking for really small/flat parts

Yeah, there are few smaller unions, mainly for the moving parts.

I will try making the model into few large unions, but this can make it look differently.

How I remember, the smallest size that part can have is 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, so, the problem is with them

i guess your only solution is to start using blender, recommend 10/10 , quicker + easy to learn these days :))

That shouldn’t be happening. Can I see the settings for that plugin?

This is the setup I use when resizing things.

That’s the last thing you want to do. You’re better off importing it instead of remodeling the entire thing.

1 Like

Still didn’t work, but importing the model to Blender and making it into only like 2-3 meshes sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

I unioned all the smaller parts together and imported the parts changing their appearance after becoming unions into meshes. As a result, the model is made from few larger parts you can size down.