Not sure how to make this little chat convo

How would I go about making a little chat conversation like below.

https://gyazo.com/e6f20a0bbd30743c666ee5d5710cb62c

Note: I don’t want a full script just what I should do. Not sure where else to ask this without somehow finding a tutorial when I can barely even describe it. If you could also look for a tutorial that would be nice. If I have to take this down I will. /shrug

For me I would listen for a click, activate a GUI, set the camera position and enable a script in the GUI for the text to appear.

1 Like

Neat effect. I’ll break this down a bit for clarity.

As for the camera, this is classic use of camera interpolation or shifting the camera from one cframe (start) to another (goal) via a transition.

As for the text showing up like that, there’s a bunch of different ways to do it. There’s actually a wiki article about this that explains this better than I ever could. You’d have to learn from it and apply it to your own style but, this should be more than enough to get you started.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

You can try out the Glossydons’s Dialogue Editor Fork, which helps in the creation of dialogue systems(basically what the NPC will say)

With some camera manipulation and with a ‘typewriter’ text animation script, you can definitely recreate the conversation in the video!

Here’s a tutorial post on the dialogue system I mentioned about!
However, don’t download the editor in the tutorial post as it is unmaintained and buggy

2 Likes