Not sure on how to seperate image into colors

Okay, this is a bit complicated, so here’s what I mean.

I have an image.
I make that image monochrome (black and white) (very simple)
But, now I need the image to be composed of just 10 levels of brightness, white to black
306639-4294915568 like this
And finally, cut the image apart so that I have silhouettes of each level of brightness of the monochrome image.
I straight up don’t even know where to start. My first guess is to get photoshop. But that’s very expensive and I heard you can pirate it I think.

This is possible with photoshop or photoshop alternatives. If you do not have photoshop I would recommend “photopea”. It is free and doesn’t even require a download, it’s all in a browser.

First, convert your image to black and white. Then use “Posterize”

To get 10 levels of brightness, set posterize to 10. This will limit your image to 10 colors.

Next use the magic wand. Make sure “Contiguous” and “Anti-alias” are off.

Select each color individually and paste them onto new layers.

After 10 layers your image will be separated accordingly. Afterwards you can paint bucket each color layer to match the levels in the monochrome image you have.

It’s a lot easier with a simple clean image like this one, but is possible regardless.

1 Like

OMG!!! You are truly a gigachad sir TYSM!

The only question I have now, is how can I save each layer as an individual png?nvm I found it immediatley lol

1 Like

PROJECTOOOOOR!!!

1 Like

Interesting idea. Never seen this before. Would be cool to be able to switch between slides with in-game buttons, with that classic clicking sound effect