Notched Screen Support - FULL RELEASE

if it will move the thumbstick position, then i will not like it.

3 Likes
  1. It looks kind of weird how when the walk thumbstick goes out of the Core UI Safe Area it gets cut off, like this:

Is this going to be fixed?

2. Another small issue is that when opening the Roblox Menu, the corners (Fullscreen areas) get filled in later than the Core UI Safe area, making it look unsmooth just like in this video:
    https://gyazo.com/fa77ea035d0377e146168d904d06263d

7 Likes

Hey, not sure if this is releated to this but this keeps automatically turning off everytime I join studio. Is there anything I neeed to enable / disable to not do this?

3 Likes

this is what studio force closed for making me lose my progress, what a useful update

1 Like

Hello, roblox was down it should be fixed now.

Forum about roblox being down: Can’t Publish, Save, Or Commit Edits. HTTP 500 - Bug Reports / Studio Bugs - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

That wasn’t the issue, it was Roblox forcefully closing to update for this.

1 Like

Disabled IgnoreGuiInset on all my places??

6 Likes

Maybe allowing developers to choose to use this feature directly from the ScreenGui ou StarterGui in a list or checkbox would be more versatile.

2 Likes

A “IgnoreNotchedScreen” checkbox would also work

3 Likes

When will ya’ll add more Samsung phones? S7 is from the stone ages…

1 Like

Samsungs are very similar to the recent android phone added by Roblox to the emulator, in terms of specs and of screen

When will you fix mobile emulation first person support?

1 Like

Yes, this is good.

This will finally make Roblox mobile gameplay a bit better.

4 Likes

Found a bug while this is enabled. It disables IgnoreGuiInsert in the Screengui when you leave and return to studio.

2 Likes

I found this as well the hard way.

1 Like

I don’t like how it works at all,

This is wasted screen space

The left side is fine but not the right side

6 Likes

this is an amazing change for me because my phone have a camera on my screen

2 Likes

Anyone know the actual pixels / measures of these insets to create a guide to follow ingame?

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, the UserInputService and Mouse APIs should be supported by the time notched screen support is live on Clients.

1 Like

Automatic fullscreen expansion detects GuiObjects that cover the entire device safe area, and expands them to the fullscreen area. So, if there is a UISizeConstraint that prevents a Frame from covering the device safe area, it won’t be automatically expanded.

1 Like