Notice about issues with opening Places

I want to know what went wrong seeing as this is a colossal disaster. Will we get an incident report?

This is also a great example for Roblox to keep in mind with respect to putting everything into the cloud to the detriment of local functionality (e.g. game settings being locked to published games, heightmap importer requiring a game asset decal, etc.). If the only place I kept my projects was the cloud and I never worked / saved locally, I could have lost many many many hours of work like many developers here have. If a worse incident occurs someday, maybe I could even lose everything. It’s important Roblox keep things like this in mind going forward. Games are not disposable toys to many developers, and we need layers of redundancy to be easy and comfortable to use.

27 Likes

I lost hours and hours of progress on my game because of this. I really hope Roblox ensures this doesn’t happen again as it’s extremely discouraging having a setback like this.

2 Likes

They said you just have to revert to a previous version. And there will probably not be a backup.

1 Like

Same I have autosaves on but it’s telling me the latest auto save was 1 month ago

1 Like

Is it currently safe to publish games? I’d like to push a new game update, but Studio’s still being a little funky so I’d rather not take any chances.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is. I recommend saving a local copy though just in case.

1 Like

Hey developers,

Quick update - our engineers have been able to successfully revert all corrupted games to the last working version so nobody should have trouble accessing places anymore.

If you fixed your game manually, it was not included in the reversion and should be just fine as is.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

35 Likes

Amazing, I’m glad to see that I was not the only Developer who was experiencing this issue, I had been Emailing Roblox Support over the past few days regarding this issue, and I’m glad to see that it’s gotten resolved. Go Roblox Go!!

3 Likes

Nice! It’s fixed now. But are we sure that this will not happen again? It may happen again but the next time it couldn’t be even fixed. But Its fixed now so everything is normal. It was a close call :smile:

3 Likes

Alrighty! Thanks to all Developers of ROBLOX to have fixed the issue!

2 Likes

This problem is still persisting and has traveled onto another place of mine, as you can see by time/date along with the error message (EST). I have encountered this just now. Restarting, reinstalling, and reverting to versions near most recent do not work, as it was reported with multiple other problems.

5 Likes

I’m still having this issue, with the same error as seen in other posts. Notably the place has team create enabled. The error:

5 Likes

Nope. Didn’t solve anything for me… Still getting the same error on the same place :confused:

2 Likes

People are saying this hasn’t been fixed. Is Roblox aware of this? Is anything being done?

4 Likes

Oof, I managed to get caught up in this. Good that I published the place just before it corrupted, so I just reverted to the older version and haven’t lost anything.

For anyone still running into this issue when attempting to open places with Team Create enabled, please direct message me your Studio logs How to post a Bug Report

3 Likes

Not sure if this is relevant for anyone, but I’ll post it anyway.

2 days ago I made changes to my place. As @grzegoslaw recommended,

I did. Thankfully, because after 2 days I went back to continue working, and surprisingly finding out all my progress didn’t save…

3 Likes

This is not a bug for me because it’s not happening to me.
I guess is just a error from studio because you used something bad or something I don’t know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.