Notice: Review of Recent Off-Platform Behavior

Are T-Shirts and NFTs same things lol? You are comparing apples with pears.

2 Likes

Although mentioning it in vague terms, thank you for the notification.

Off-site selling is already prohibited, and it’s good that large scale action is being taken.

You’re right! You wiiiiiiiiiiin! I’m just mad that I didn’t get a Boorito! Nor did I get to share my Halloween game with anyone on Halloween. but whatever. I don’t want a green bubble over my avatar.

It’s not about winning I am trying to tell you what I think is bad for platform such as Roblox about NFTs.

2 Likes

just remember the game attracts little children and due to COPPA Law u cant. do that

1 Like

It’s not necessarily the fact he’s selling his pets for real money in a limited fashion, it’s the fact that since he did this, he’s open the flood gates for NFTs being on the platform, damaging the image for all developers who develop on Roblox.

We do not want to be seen like an NFT/Blockchain game engine from outsiders, if developers want to do this kind of stuff, go to Sandbox or something else, not Roblox.

Wait a second, by sentence alone, it seems like y’all are going to change your tos to allow this? It’s safe to assume that this post was a product of this NFT drama happening for the past week. If you are going to change your tos to allow this, what else would you be willing to change? Bit bs how big developers can basically do anything they want and not get punished

They might ban him or just delete his game preston just wants money

Preston has made roblox thousands of dollars. Deleting his game, would just make roblox loose money. Plus there’s going to be thousands of angry people who lost their pets and robux. I can guarantee you the game is 99.9% not going to deleted.

1 Like

Makes sense they wouldn’t delete it because it makes alot of there revenue dam it but roblox earns nothing from NFTS…

They are selling in game items for real world currency. In this case, they are using NFTs as a medium for the purchase, but, its steal selling in game items for real world currency.

@zachariapopcorn
@Cob_ra
It more sounds like they don’t know what NFTs are, not that they plan to change ToS to allow for this. This is literally just selling items off platform for real world money, just through a medium, NFTs.

1 Like

Thank you. NFTS are not for roblox!

If they allow NFTs, make no mistake, it will be the final straw for many developers who are only narrowly and begrudgingly putting up with some of Roblox’s recent/current updates/policies as it is.

I think NTFs shouldn’t be allowed on Roblox considering it damages the environment and it’s against Roblox ToS, i hope they put the game under review instead content delete it to close the NFT page.

I should have cleared this up, but in most simulator games like Bubblegum Simulator, you can collect pets that boost your stats.
I can imagine these NFTs giving the buyer an unfair advantage stat wise.

That’s what I was trying to say.

The thing everyone is getting wrong here is that these are not “NFTs on Roblox”.

It’s some guy making NFTs of assets from his game (perfectly legal) and selling them on a site outside of Roblox for in game perks (possibly against rules, hence Roblox investigating)

If Roblox does allow this that doesn’t mean they’re allowing NFTs on the platform. This was all done on 3rd party websites and there’s nothing Roblox can do to stop that. What they can do is ban 3rd party game item sales and stop people from selling NFTs directly inside Roblox which is not what Preston has done.

Given Dave’s wording at the investors day conference, Roblox has no plans and no promises to ever implement NFTs. :tada:

1 Like

This is probably one of the most weakest argument I have ever heard.
Almost everything you do is “environmentally unfriendly” including using energy to view this with your computer

2 Likes

I would want to leave. I’m trying to deliver a high quality experience for users while embracing ethical monetization practices. If the only way for me to compete financially is to sell NFTs, this job isn’t for me. It’s already painful enough trying to provide jobs and grow a business while competing experiences sell lootboxes/gambling to kids.

14 Likes

I hate NFTs as much as the next guy, but I don’t get why people are suddenly worried about how it will affect the environment when the same could be said for the fossil fuel industry and most cars.

That being said, I hope this doesn’t actually mean NFTs will be allowed on the platform.

1 Like

I hope that u mean that mining crypto is harmful because Buying and sellling it doesnt seem to be harmful. I could be wrong??

1 Like