Notice: Review of Recent Off-Platform Behavior

Developers,

We are aware of a recent auction that was tied to a Roblox creator’s intellectual property and are conducting an internal review of what occurred on and off of the platform. Once we have concluded our review, we will resolve it with the developer.

As a global platform, we must consider the full impact of off-platform behavior and how it ties, whether directly or indirectly, to the Roblox platform. Please bear with us while we conduct a full review of our policies and ensure that they are up-to-date with new developments in the market.

Update: Nov 18

743 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

It’s likely related to the Pet Simulator NFT

126 Likes

honestly i just hope this teaches developers a lesson on why they shouldn’t do NFT’s

165 Likes

Its good roblox is taking action towards this but I’m pretty sure this is relating to the Pet Sim X issue and NFTs.

48 Likes

Ohhh. Thanks for the clarification. Roblox is known for being broad…

20 Likes

I was wondering if Roblox would allow it or not. I personally believe Roblox shouldn’t allow these transactions.

72 Likes

Remember, dont waste your money on NFT’s, most are just trash or scams. Spend it wisely.

42 Likes

I wonder, if Roblox were to disallow purchasing something off site (ex. NFTs) and getting something in return in a Roblox game, would this fall into other conditions such as Pet Sim toy codes (they’re not manufactured by Roblox) or Discord server boosts

Wondering if disallowing NFTs would straight up cause a domino effect to other things like these.

34 Likes

Please for the love of God, do not allow behavior like this. Everyone knows NFT’s are basically a scam and harmful to the environment and it’s breaking the ToS.

81 Likes

Absolute W, Roblox. Tired of people taking advantage of players who are vulnerable.

73 Likes

Great to know that you’re on the awareness train but the question is, where’s the destination?

I do hope that the developer does face consequences of their action and start enforcing your rules across the border. Time to patiently await the results :eyes:

42 Likes

I can’t believe that this behavior wasn’t recognized by Roblox at all until now (I may be wrong).

15 Likes

LETS GO!! I hope to see this scheme come crashing down

42 Likes

Thanks a lot for the notice!

Although, shouldn’t this be clearly against TOS? Off-site trading/buying for items for a in-game item should be against TOS, right? Roblox also isn’t getting their 30% cut (like all the developers acknowledge), while off-site it takes (I believe) less. If this is somehow accepted and allowed, then every developer will just put on sale in-game items on off-sites.

31 Likes

Finally this was brought up, this is starting to be a huge problem since some games like Pet Simulator X starting selling NFTs (from what I saw on Twitter)

Obviously NFTs are huge scams which is getting out of hand nowadays, glad roblox is not allowing them

9 Likes

Last I remember, PIGGY toy codes only work with the Steam game PIGGY: Hunt. They can’t be used on the Roblox PIGGY game.

6 Likes

Thanks for taking action! I really do hope this shows why nfts are not good in cases like this. (Edit: From seeing how roblox may change their policies on nfts, I just think nfts being allowed would be too controversial in a bad way)

8 Likes

glad to see this being reviewed

3 Likes

I’m so glad Roblox is finally taking action against this.

Edit: 5 minutes after this was posted, RTC and the others already tweeted about it.

1 Like