Notification Module (OPEN SOURCE)

Info

With Notification Module, you can easily send notifications to your players! Let’s think that you made a pet system. And you want to ask a player to are you sure to delete this pet. With this module, you can make it with couple lines. Or you can show notifications, such as insufficient funds, already own, etc. It’s all with one module. You can check the demos below. It also comes with default UI!

Model Link: Notification Module - Roblox

Showcase

Are you sure:

Warning

Videos:

Sorry for low quality, editor didn’t allow me to upload 20mb file

Setup:

1. Get the model from link
  2. Load the model into a ScreenGui
  3. You can move the Module and UI (They need to be in same parent)

API:

NotificationModule.Notify(Title, Description, AcceptButtonText, DeclineButtonText, ColorMode) ColorModes: 1 = Accept Button Green, Decline Button Red. 2 = Accept Button Red, Decline Button Green.
NotificationModule.ShowInfo(Title, Description, CloseButtonText)
NotificationModule.CloseNotification()
NotificationModule.ChangeButtonText(NewButtonText, ButtonName)

Changing key binds:
Open the module script, you’ll see the key binds at options. You can set them, just change the key at the end. If you want to disable it, make the KeybindsEnabled to false.

Disable animation:
You can disable the animation of popup. Go to module and make the AnimateFrame from Options to false.

Disable background:
If you don’t want a background, set the BackgroundEnabled at Options to false

Changing the UI:
Don’t delete anything, set it’s visibility to false. You can play with fonts, sizes, positions, colors (don’t change the main frame’s position). But also don’t change the parents and names of the instances. Also don’t delete the background, check the “Disable background” text above.

Examples

Are you sure:
This will pop up a UI asking for are you sure to do that. If player accepts it prints out.

local NotificationModule = require(script.Parent.NotifyHandler)

local Response = NotificationModule.Notify("Delete this save?", "Are you sure to delete this save file?", "Delete", "Cancel", 2) --Last parameter is color mode

if Response == true then --If player accepts
    print("Accepted!")
    --Do your own thing here
end

NotificationModule.CloseNotification() --Close the notification

Studio File: AreYouSureExample.rbxl (44.9 KB)

Show Warning
This script is going to show a warning.

NotificationModule.ShowInfo("Already own", "You already own this item.", "Close" )

Studio File: WarningExample.rbxl (44.7 KB)

Change button text
This is just a example how you can use the change button text. At this example, when player clicks “delete”, the button’s text is going to change to loading.

local Response = NotificationModule.Notify("Delete this save?", "Are you sure to delete this save file?", "Delete", "Cancel", 2) --Last parameter is color mode

if Response == true then --If player accepts
    print("Loading...")
    NotificationModule.ChangeButtonText("Saving...", "Accept") --First one is text, second one is which button to change
    task.wait(5) --Just for example, do you own thing here
end

NotificationModule.CloseNotification() --Close the notification

Links:
Model Link: Notification Module - Roblox
Example game: Building System V2 - Roblox

Note: You can change the UI, but don’t play with names and parents. Check the the “Changing the UI” section for more info.

Updates:

(NEW) Update 0.2

Update 0.2
Hi everyone, this is the second update. I suggest everybody to use the new version!

1. New look for key binds
    I’ve done a rework on placements of key binds. Now they show in the button. I think this looks way better.

2. Some ui and bug fixes

Update 0.1

Update 0.1
Hello everyone! This is the first update. I added couple things you can like.

Introducing keybinds
With key binds, pc players can accept, decline or close the notifications easily! Also you can customize the keys.

New animation
Before, the pop in and out was boring. I added a new animation to it! You can check it from the video if you want!

Sorry for low quality, editor didn’t allow me to upload 20mb file

What to expect next:
1.Notification sound
2. Console support

Thanks for coming here. This was my first module, hope ya’ll like it! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This looks pretty useful! It’d be cool if you could customize the appearance of the pop up

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I will work on it. :slight_smile:

Looks amazing. Good job. (It’s mobile-friendly, right?)

Yes, it is. UI is scale based, also it looks great at mobile too.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Update 0.1 is here. Check it out from updates section at post!

Update 0.2 is here! I made some ui changes. Check it out from updates section at the post!

1 Like