Notifications for new items from UGC Stores

I’m not a UGC creator, I’m writing this as a user rather than a creator.

As the UCG Creator program grows there are more and more item added each day

We won’t be able to keep up with new items by checking Avatar Shop > Community Creations > Recently Updated every day

and we have a follow button for games I think we should have one for UGC creators as well so we can get notified when a new avatar item is up for sale.

Adding this would benefit UGC Creators in many ways:

• they can have analytics of how many people buy their item within x amount of time
  • they get more sales because more users know about the item

I have a few favourite UGC creators and I’d like to be the first to buy whatever they put on sale next, I am sure a lot more can say the same.

Please ask for UGC creators’ feedback on this as well to implement this in the best way possible for them

13 Likes

I don’t think this will scale once they start releasing UGC program access to more and more users. You’ll get dozens or hundreds of notifications that will probably not be relevant to you mostly.

You seem to hint already that:

So maybe the feature you actually need here is the ability to track specific creators and be notified when they upload new UGC. Not just being notified whenever any piece of UGC is uploaded, which probably will end up being more noisy than helpful very soon™.

Yes, only notify users for what they want, similar to Youtube’s bell icon.

I wouldn’t suggest notifying all users for all UGC uploaded that is horrible horrible UX :skull:

2 Likes

Maybe add that piece of info to the title so others can find this request more easily.

“Following creators to get notifications for new UGC items”

1 Like