Reproduction Steps

1. Add a Seat instance
  2. Add an unanchored NPC with a humanoid in it
  3. Place the NPC above the seat
  4. Press play
  5. Observe the NPC will not sit in the seat
  6. Observe that player characters can sit in the seat

Expected Behavior
NPCs should also be able to sit in seats. They used to be able to until recently.

Actual Behavior

NPCs just stand on seats and do not sit. They are not attached to the seat.

Workaround
N/A

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-09-14 00:09:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-09-14 00:09:00 (-04:00)

8 Likes

If you spawn in your player above the seat does it sit?

Interestingly, the player will also not sit. I’m not sure if that is also a new bug. Despite that, players that walk into seats can still sit.

NPCs that walk or fall into seats cannot sit at all.

I’m glad it’s not just me that was having this problem. I was also trying to figure out why my NPCs wouldn’t sit in seats because I was trying to debug a supposed issue where they were sitting in seats, funny how that works. Even so, I still need some NPCs to be able to sit in seats.

I recall still being able to force NPCs into seats with Sit but they will not naturally be seated.

1 Like

As a potential workaround, try spawning the NPC on top of that brown wooden bar thing, and then do npcHumanoid:MoveTo(vehicleSeat.Position), my hunch is that the touching of the vehicle seat is not registering when the NPC is there to begin with; so by moving the npc to it manually, it should trigger the touch .(if that’s the issue)

I’ve also noticed for a while now that when I play my boat obby game where the boat VehicleSeats are just below the platform you walk off that my avatar doesn’t always sit on the VehicleSeat right away.
That’s the reason I asked if you spawn above it does it work.
I think @Gojinhan is on to something here. It may be that a Humanoid dropping onto a seat won’t immediately register the Touch to the seat, it has to move against the seat.

It looks to be solved for me as of today. Any chance it solved itself for you as well?

1 Like

Yeah, just checked. NPCs are sitting down in seats naturally again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.