NPCs randomly keep floating?

Hi, this is my first post on this website so apologies for any errors.

I’m making a fighting game and for some reason anytime an NPC is launched upwards they end up “floating” in mid-air. They don’t get anchored just physics randomly stops on them for some reason.

They only end up dropping when you either get super close to them or move them and even then they’ll only fall for a few seconds and levitate again if they’re high enough up. Platform standing them makes them consistently fall as long as they’re in that state. It’s like their hip height is changing to the height they’re at randomly for some reason and I have no scripts that would change that.

I’m not sure if it’s something to do with network ownership or something else but it’s super frustrating and only occurs in this game. Weirdly enough I’ve copied everything from the game into a different place and without the map and it’s seemed to of stopped happening a lot less so I’m not sure if it’s server lag.

At first, I thought it might be something to do with the attack system I have but it happens even when I just normally run studio without a player and move an NPC past a certain height.

If anyone could help I’d appreciate it, thanks.

2 Likes

humanoidrootpart or the character itself probably shouldn’t be anchored

This usually happens when you are changing a humanoid’s (player or NPC / character that is alive) position on the client. Since Roblox servers are client and server based, not everything that happens on the client happens on the server. This can leads to floating for your issue.

The NPC may be on the ground on the server, but it might not on the client of the user. This means that the physics could apply only to the server-side. I don’t know what code you have or anything to fix this. Just try using the server and use “Remote Events” to do things on the server.

1 Like

check the hipheight, its a property all the way at the bottom for the Humanoid

1 Like

usually it should be like 3 or something

The hip height doesn’t change anything I think, the NPCs should’ve been very high to begin with if the hip height was different.

Nah I said in the post they’re completely unanchored and still apply to other physics besides gravity

I get what you’re saying but I do use remotes for the attacks and for changing the hit NPC’s position. The problem even happens on just the server when you’re in run mode so I don’t think it’s that.

Yeah I have, oddly enough it stays the same but the character acts like it’s higher.

Have you found any solution? I am going through a similar problem but I can’t find any solution.

I’m pretty sure it was one of the Workspace’s experimental humanoid features, I changed them all to the default and it seemed to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.