Nuclear Reactor Room

I am currently working on a room with a nuclear reactor. I am not the most detailed builder and I spend a lot of time in scripts that I actually build.

I am almost about to wrap this room up but I feel as if the build needs improvements, but I am not really sure what to add to spice things up. The lighting itself is very WIP. What would you do to make this more interesting?

I also have a thing for symmetry in my builds.

29 Likes

I think it looks quite good, but to help ‘spice things up’ you could try adding:

• Some pipes lining the walls or have wires slither across the floor/roof.
  • If people are going to be allowed in this room, add a path on the outer ring.
  • A bit more detail on the wall. You have a green band running across the bottom part of the wall and I was wondering what It’d look like if you added a thicker one in the middle with another thin one near the top?
8 Likes

It looks amazing! I think you ARE a detailed builder! Keep up the great work! :+1:

5 Likes

The reactor is seeming to have heavy efforts, but the floor and the walls are quite bland. Add pipes, and cover the floor with transparent plastic (do not use glass, if you have a translucent part behind it). Make use of beams as they really help out reducing part count and giving good details. How about radium barrels, boxes? A lot things can be added.

4 Likes

Very good! This seems very serious and intense. Therefore, windows don’t belong (there are no windows in nuclear reactors anyways).
You should add more details.

• Warning signs on the walls (please wear your suits at all times)
  • Crates on the floor with emergency masks and suits in them
  • A panic button
  • NPCs guarding the entrance for decoration.
  • Rails on the edge

For the lighting you should make a surface light on the floor (preferably a light green, with very low brightness and a decent range) to give a radiation effect.
I love it! Good luck!

4 Likes

The build at its current state look quite well however, if you try adding some crates here and there or add warning signs since its a hazardous zone to keep your suits on, it’ll really add to the build. Other than that, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

I would use terrain water for the liquid in the reactor… Btw you can change its colour and wave height too, in the terrain properties panel… so make it like lime green and really choppy. You can also change its translucence so you will still be able to see the detail below…

3 Likes

Very nice, but I think you should add warning signs, as a nuclear reactor room isn’t usually that bland. But you are very detailed with your builds!

2 Likes

I b don’t know about you but it just looks weird if the lines don’t go all the way up.

4 Likes

Which ones? Are you referring to the pillars on the wall?

1 Like

Yeah, the pillars on the wall.

2 Likes