Nudge tool for GUI objects

Hello.

If you’re a GUI designer of some sort, then the chances are that at some point you needed to “nudge” a GUI object are pretty high. You either had to precisely drag it, or manually mess around with it’s UDim2 values which can be frustrating and annoying to do at times.

I have solved this annoyance with my new nudge tool!

• You can select between “Scale” and “Offset” in the settings menu which should be in the top left of the widget (video shows an older version which does not contain it).

• The plugin is pretty simple to use. Select a GUI object, and set an increment at the bottom of the widget, then click any of the arrow buttons. Alternativly, you can use arrow keys.

Note: Studio window must be in focus for arrow keys to work

Plugin: Nudge Tool - Roblox
Update log: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/nudge-tool-update-log/915961

I am always looking for feedback. Please do let me know if you find any bugs, or have any suggestions/improvements for me!

Thank you.

51 Likes

I always need to do this, and it annoys me so much. I finally have a solution, this is a great creation. Good work!

3 Likes

Wow! What a great and useful plugin. I recommend using it!

2 Likes

Thank you! This really useful to edit My UIs also super easy to use!

2 Likes

Would you be able to ping this to something more practical such as the arrow keys, I feel constantly having to move the mouse to adjust is not that much faster then just modifying the explorer properties.

4 Likes

This is something I wanted to do, but the arrow keys default to selecting things in the explorer or moving the studio camera around. I will try to find an alternative way.

So far, I have found no possible way of using the arrow keys without some sort of issues. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

2 Likes

I love it, but can u add a picture to the logo?

2 Likes

Installed it directly! Super helpful plugin in my opinion. Hope to see more like that from you! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this plugin you saved my time bro and waiting for more updates about this simple plugin

Could you make it so that when you press q + any arrow key to nudge the GUI? This is a really useful plug-in and I’ll definitely use it.

Oh my yes! Yes! Finally! Is there any way you make this work with bricks too???

Preferably using the arrow keys if even possible. Lol!

This should explain it all. :slight_smile:

@DevHue @Iifebit @caviarbro @LuaBearyGood Sorry for mentioning you guys, but I just thought I should let you know something if you still use the nudge tool…

After some thinking, I have come up with a way to use arrow keys reliably without much issues. Not sure how I haven’t thought of this method months ago. Expect an update after I do some more testing.

Edit: Update released.

2 Likes

Greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ever since the update with the arrow key nudge support; it’s been a must on my list of ui tools.