OAuth authentication!

Hey, I was wondering if it’s possible to use the OAuth authentication system or implement it within a Roblox game? The reason I am asking is that I want to create a “secure” password system. Thanks!

What purpose does this have? Users are already logged into their accounts.

1 Like

No, it’s for a game I am working on.

This wasn’t a suggestion. I am asking if it’s possible to implement it inside a Roblox game.

Without communication with an external server it is not possible.
However there is no point as to join a ROBLOX game you need to already be in your account.

As stated, this is not for identifying the owners of Roblox accounts. It is for a system I am developing within my own game to provide certain individuals with their own “security code” (authenticator) instead of relying on a static password. The goal is to enhance security within my game. I already know it was going to require using an external server, I was asking if it is possible I wanted to know if Roblox blocks such things.

I am sure there isn’t a way to make it IN ROBLOX. But as goldenguy9 said use external links. (Or you theoretically can make it in Roblox if you want but would be kind of crappy and not as good as the original but would get the job done)

Maybe check this out? OAuth 2.0 3rd Party App Support (Beta) | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

To my knowledge nothing is preventing you from setting up something like this if an external server is used. It is possible conceptually.

1 Like