Obby stage ideas

Hey there devs!

I am 80% done with my 50 stage obby, it’s a simple obby game, and my first. Coming up to stage 43, i ran out of ideas for more stages. Of course, I can think of some, it would just take me a few minutes.

But, I would like to see what do you have in mind. Thank you in advance!

14 Likes

You can add food, like donuts, cupcakes, and stuff like that as stages. Instead of simple bricks you can use those items.

5 Likes

That sounds like a good idea! Will add that to my list, thank you!

3 Likes

You’re most welcome :+1:

30 characters

3 Likes

Did you yet try anything like spinning killbricks?

2 Likes

Yup, the Obby has spinning bricks and moving bricks. Thanks for the idea though! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hmm, did you miss any of the following maybe?

• disappearing bricks(cancollide switching from true to false and back)
  • disappearing bricks(no cancollide changes)
  • Cancollide choosing platforms
  • conveyors
2 Likes

Lol, I did all of them. There are 43 stages now, and still more to go. That’s why I ran out of ideas!

1 Like

How about disappearing killbricks?

4 Likes

Oh, I didn’t do that one! Ok, and so it goes to my list! Thank you sir!

2 Likes

Looking through your replies to this post, all I could think of is maybe those walls that you have to jump from the side to get to the next stage, moving platforms that you have to wait for and they will fly by themselves to the next part of the obby or maybe some type of stage where you jump on a noob avatar, it has different stages for each colour part out of their body and you could use that at the end, as their head being the winners hangout place or something.

Hope this helped! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I did the wall jump ones, the moving parts flying to the next stage sounds cool! So does the noob avatar. Thank you!

1 Like

Of course! I’m glad I helped.

30 characters

2 Likes

hanging parts connected by rods, push boxes to form jumps, truss jumps, dropper (jump down a large deep hole, move while falling to avoid hitting kill bricks.)

2 Likes

Hanging parts sound cool! What are truss jumps? Pushing boxes is amazing, thank you! I don’t need a dropper since it’s only a small simple Obby and not too high up.

1 Like

truss jumps are where you use truss parts, u can jump onto the side and they act as a ladder, if u arranged them where u have to jump from one to another opposite, and u have to turn in mid air to be able to get on properly (this can be difficult though).

1 Like

I see, thanks!

30 chars

1 Like

Not too sure whether this is simple or not but you could have a stage which is the player on a conveyor and they have to move to the other side but the catch is that there are lasers everywhere and they have to dodge them, something like a TOH stage.
Another one could be a stage in @Foolzy’s game, obby island. The stage is basically a truss but on the backend of the brick, it’s difficult to explain but it’s in the first few stages of the game so you can go check it out.

4 Likes

Sounds amazing! Will definitely add it to my list. Thanks!

2 Likes

Maybe use some cosplay models and make it so you have to jump from one to a other four studs a part. Or even the checkers one part kills one part is safe, but the red is the good and the (insert color here) is bad? Maybe invert safe to kill colors to keep peoples mind tricked. Also, colors are again really good to either trick people into jumping/walking onto the wrong brick, or, just makes your obby more pretty! Either way, using cosplay items to jump from one to another (preferably four studs a part since on normal jump power and gravity settings, that’s the max jumping distance!), or using colors to your advantage to either make your obby more colorful/pretty, or to trick people into dying, it’s some more ideas to complete your fifty stage obby! Great luck by the way!

By the way, correct if something in this reply was misleading or incorrect, by replying!

3 Likes