'Object Browser' shouldn't open-first when launching a Place

As a Roblox developer, it is currently annoying for the ‘Object Browser’ or any tab at the top-bar whenever opening a place through Roblox Studio for configuration.

Right now, if you have ‘Object Browser’ or any property at the top-bar in Roblox Studio, it would open that first even if it’s first in line or behind the current order. This is a bad framework and compatibility as a developer when having this instance opened and used frequently. :uhh:

If Roblox is able to address this concern, it would improve my development experience and experience with these types of property because it would allow me to not flip throughout tabs in-studio or possibly to stop using Object Browser in development workflow, which would be everyday. Having this fixed and set by default to not open first would become easier for me and other developers on the platform.

3 Likes

I think it’s because when you save a place it also saves the tab you were previously on

So when you load up the place file, if you were in the object browser when you saved then that’ll show up first, and if you were in the viewport when you saved I’m pretty sure that’ll show up instead

Yea this is an annoying extra step but really it’s only one click, you’re not really losing too much time lol

1 Like

Hm, I don’t see how this works, tabs always save but I don’t normally view the Object Browser tab itself often, only when I’m in a rush + don’t know how previous tabs are saved, my scripts aren’t even saved.

True, but I rather have the main place open and not Object Browser due to the fact that it sometimes lags when booting up, still a viable feature request.

Ok turns out I was wrong. It doesn’t remember what tab you were on when you save, only when you exit the place file

I’m pretty sure if you have the object browser focused when you exit the file (not save) it’ll load up the browser first so whenever you exit, switch the focus back to the viewport instead? maybe?

Honestly I think this feature has its uses. If you have a lot of scripts open and you leave off on the one you were editing then being able to jump back into the file and get back into scripting would save a lot of time from having to dig through 10000000000000000000 scripts

1 Like