Object Insertion Workflow Improvements [Beta #2]

The new Motor6d Icon, being revamped, looks way better than an ordinary blue scare which it initially was. image

2 Likes

The feature of the Object Insertion is amazing! :happy4:
I liked the smooth moving bar that you scroll down and up, and it’s expanded view look nice! The settings is really useful too. I really appreciated and liked the Beta update from the Object Insertion, and I’m hoping forward to see more updates to Roblox Studio. :+1:

Amazing job! :happy3:

1 Like

I actually like the tween highlight, it gives a smooth feeling
I think seeing it to be less responsive is just an eye illusion and has nothing to do with performance

1 Like

Is there any way we can use these ourselves?

I use CTRL+I to open up the menu quickly when inserting objects, but my explorer is kept really tiny to the right side so the popup menu ends up getting cut off. Can it check to see which side of Studio it’s on so that it can adjust properly?

5 Likes

Thanks for reporting this! we will get that fixed.

3 Likes

I just realized that this is dependent on mouse position, but the cropping is still an issue if the mouse is too far to the right.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about having to double click the object to insert it now

2 Likes

I like the options to hide and show recommended objects. Don’t like the button to pop out the panel, seems unnecessary considering you can simply drag out the panel. Also way too easy to hit accidentally. I doubt I’d accidentally pop it out but I can imagine anyone with physical limitations or a touch screen could easily make this mistake several times.

This is such a great new feature

1 Like

This looks really nice, though I think for some people it will take some getting used to. The search feature is probably the best part!

The new object insertion window looks really nice, definitely a welcome improvement upon the older windows!

The window doesn’t clamp itself to stay within the bounds of the screen. This screenshot is showing the top of the insert window being cut off at the top.

Also when opening the window using CMD + I, the window should be placed where my explorer selection is, not at the mouse position.

3 Likes

https://i.gyazo.com/8016897174909b3565f40e7e1ca98269.mp4

I’m getting a massive FPS drop when using this feature.

My Laptop Specs

Alienware 17 R5

GPUs:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
  • Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

The insertion workflow should take into account the type of Instances already under the Parent. I have a Folder that I store ScreenGuis in only, so it should automatically put ScreenGui as the top suggestion when I go to insert into it.

Developers should be able to change the default properties for insertion for the current place, or create their own templates that can be inserted. I don’t want to turn off ScreenGui.ResetOnSpawn manually every single time I insert a ScreenGui.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.