Objects not casting shadows?

I’ve been playing around with lighting since FiB 2.5 and I am making a scene which could do with some dramatic shadows, but the parts don’t seem to be casting shadows. I would like the shadows the parts cast to look like the shadow the Player is generating in the screenshot below, but I’m unsure of how to go about this-

Lighting settings:

My graphics settings are also set to manual and maxed out

The problem exists in Studio playtests and also in-game when played regularly from the website. Is this even possible to achieve on the current ROBLOX engine?

On a similar note, is there any way for parts/players to cast shadows from spot/pointlights that I can place throughout my scene? I’ve been experimenting with this too but have had little success with this as well.

1 Like

if you want defined shadows, i suggest you use shadowmap, as that is most likely what you want to use
(also dont forget to check if “CastShadow” in the parts in question is enabled or not)

2 Likes

Enable “CastShadow” on the model’s Property Settings.

I forgot to change the lighting from Voxel to Shadowmap (oops). By the way- is there any way to get dynamic shadows like that (e.g. from pointlights/surfacelights/spotlights?)

sadly there is not(at least to my knowledge)

but if the source of light isnt dynamic you can always trick around with black (color3(0,0,0)) parts that sort of simulate shadows

I heard they are going to enable ShadowMap on PointLights, SurfaceLights and SpotLights on FiB Phase 3, so keep a look out for those!