"Occurred an error while starting roblox failed to create directory error = 3"

Hello everyone, I’ve been dealing with this bug the whole day, is there any way I can fix it?

I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it dealt in the same error while reinstalling.
I’ve already tried running the downloader as Administrator.
I’ve already deleted the folders in “AppData\Local\Roblox”.
I’ve already tried deleting “%temp%” files and restarting my computer.

36 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. I’ll lyk if I figure anything out. Maybe it’s a fault on roblox’s part?

12 Likes

I had this same issue but I was able to fix it and this is how:

Inside of the roblox folder in appdata, local make a new folder named ‘Downloads’.
This worked for me and hope it helps you

68 Likes

Thank you very much! You saved me from a lot of work lol

Hopefully other people will see this and thank you as well.

10 Likes

no problem, glad I could help and that I finally found the account I made for the dev forum to reply

24 Likes

Thank you so much, this just happened to me lol

2 Likes

I don’t even have a Roblox folder as per new Computer, do you know of any other solutions or will I have to wait?

5 Likes

If you don’t have the Roblox folder under C:/Users/User/AppData/Local then you should probably install Roblox by attempting to play a game on the Roblox website.

If you don’t have Roblox installed, it will allow you to get the installer from the website, and play it that way.

If you’re a Windows user, you could alternatively use the Windows store app version, however I’m aware that it has an issue with shift lock, and mouse locking in general.

A pretty windows user sided response, but that’s just what I use. Hope it helps.

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for letting this bug slip in. We have identified the problem and reverted the updates that caused it. It should be resolved by now. Please reply if you are still unable to proceed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.