Off-topic Jailbreak issue replies

How does the crate grabbing work? Is the crate a tool or a model?

1 Like

Have you tried the system in any other games ti see if it also doesn’t work? If it works in other games maybe something (or a glitch) could be canceling it in Jailbreak.

Yes check it that as it could be shifting somewhere else (this is a problem I’ve had in the past).

Does this also occur in Studio?

Yes, are anything different between public and private servers that affects it?

Is there different scripts between Client and Server affecting this, as picking up the crate in a helicopter seems more client sided, however everything else seems server sided. Maybe scripts on both sides could be conflicting with each other, causing this issue.

Just wanted to say because this is probably the only time I’ll ever get to somewhat meet you, and ik this is off-topic but I wanted to say, your probably the biggest influence that ever got me into development, seeing how well of a dev you are and seeing how big Jailbreak took off (which I’ve been playing since around its release. I mean even the old dodgeball game you worked in had an influence because I thought that was the best game in the world, and that all was before Jailbreak even got released, so I just wanted to personally thank you while I can
Okay I’ll stop with the “fan harassment” and focus on what the problem might be.

I hope I at-least helped somewhat into figuring out what the problem is, and we can figure out how to solve this.

4 Likes

Does it happen with all helicopters in the game? Or only a certain one/few?

How is the ship moved? Lerping I assume? Is it done on the server or client? I had an issue recently on my plane

Are you able to provide what type of script the Cargo Ship Ropes Script?

When the progress bar is finished, do you change the physics that you use to keep the cargo on the boat so that they can pick it up? Public Servers usually have more lag, maybe the changed physics when they pick it up causes it to fall off the boat?

Well, This is strange.
Are you guys sure it disappears? I looked in Reddit and the guy on mobile was just didnt want to die.
Did you guys try to see if it really is broken?
Have you heard of this script outdated?
Did you mess with the code?
Can we still rob it in private servers?

Anyways, Hope this gets fixed.

Client. After the passenger train was added, its kinda of like a TweenService2 on the client.

I know that because even when you disconnect the train still moves;

When the player is supposed to pick up the crate, do they change the physics that keeps the crate on the ship so that they player can carry it?

I don’t know, ask @asimo3089.

But probably? I guess so

I guess that wasn’t useful :confused:

It’s very likely to be a roblox issue, but since it only works on private servers, it’s kinda weird. Maybe try new servers?

Is there any part of the scrip saying that the model has to be X frames invisible? Because this might be the case.

1 Like

I tried it and I think it has the box on the rope, just invisible or something like that because of the physical properties (swing and if I drop anything I get money the same way)

@asimo3089 What did you do? Vector3 or Cframe? Each may have a different error.

I had a strange new bug in my game recently related to tool equipping. Not sure if it could be related. It was mostly a cosmetic issue, but ‘bugged’ me still. I have a billboardgui that gets enabled when the tool is equipped, but just in the last week or so, when you equip the tool the billboardgui appears just long enough to see it flash up then vanishes. If you unequip and re-equip it shows up fine and works properly(until the next time the tool is cloned to you). I added some debug print statements and the gui exists, is enabled, is adorned to the proper part, but still, GONE? I may have solved by a workaround of delaying the enabling of the gui after equippage but this had never been a problem for over a year till recently. It also showed up in two different games in a script that I had not changed.

What made me link this to your post, and this thread, is that the bug only happens on public servers. When I try to reproduce in a private server, It doesn’t occur. (or maybe this is just a old vs. fresh server issue?)

Is it normal to see these weird “encrypted” numbers? Like

a6gja9-jajf7s-qkt6aa7? Is that something Asimo added?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)