Offset and/or Scale changes unintentionally to Scale

Hello everyone,

I have had the problem for a long time that when I move or copy a Gui element, the size and position values only change to Scale. Because I like to work with Scale and Offset, but unfortunately Roblox Studio keeps changing the values without me wanting it to. And unfortunately this also broke Gui’s, because everything no longer corresponded to the sizes.

Here is an example for simplicity: I create a TextLabel with the following values: Size = {0, 20},{1, 0}. If I move, copy or even undo this, Roblox Studio closes it: Size = {0.011, 0},{0.667, 0}.

Is there perhaps a setting in Roblox Studio where scale and offset are adopted or something else? Because I often despaired and sometimes freaked out.

I don’t know of the advantages of using both Scale and Offset, but I always set the size of my UI elements to Scale and I’ve never had any issues with it.

One other thing you can try out are scaling plugins, but those come with its own benefits and drawbacks.

The advantage of using scale and offset is that it can be easily adapted to different screen sizes, e.g. a frame that can be changed to Y when scaling, but has a constant distance at the bottom for other elements. You can try it out for yourself:

Frame.Size = UDim2.new(1,0,1,-85)

(-85 ← is the distance to the bottom)