Ohoo: tool giver UI (open-source)

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean “admin”? Admin in your own game? Admin in something else?

1 Like

Reminder to please be civil

Just because a resource is simple does NOT mean it is pointless and meaningless.

It doesn’t matter how many lines a script is or that its too small to be on GitHub (which fr why that would matter), what matters is that the OP decided to open source his code so those who may find it applicable can use it.

Please respect other resources and stop hating them expecting it to be a masterpiece.

With that please give constructive criticism on how the OP can improve the project.

It’s not about the criticism here, the resource does exactly as it is meant to. It’s the fact that you have to address to credit you, to not copy you (somehow) and that you aren’t a admin in full punctuation. Do you see what’s wrong with that?

How can you expect people to use a “community-resource” (note community), to not edit the resource when it is clear stated “(open-source)” in the title?

I’m pretty sure everyone can question the sheer amount of verification and self-claimed originality OP has put up.

1 Like

Could you please emphasize what this script is about and tell us why it only a few lines of code???

Ohoo tool giver? more like Ohio tool giver

1 Like

i dont even know if this is joke, but i think your turning a small source into a big project.
anyways that resource is a good try i guess. :man_shrugging:

Okay instead of like turning your small source that is look like a big project, I highly suggest you putting the information inside the a script instead making a “bloat” inside a github, I also did not understand what’s the point of this script.

What I think currently was about like, it gives you a tool when you click the button inside the Gui? Am I right?

some quotes lol

???

and of course I dont often putting people in the game description but a Credit Gui exists.

???

Ok nice.

huh?

Ok I only suggest you putting full info to the script it looks your making a big project that has a below 20 lines.

Would honestly call this is a good project if you’re a beginner, as you are exploring various tools for code management (for instance, GitHub). But I think I should also point out that the codebase is extremely small to host it on GitHub and hype it up this much as stated by the majority.

Also, I’m unsure as to what you mean by the above. ^

1 Like

for now, i can reply to ALL of these.

it doesn’t matter about the lines of code, it matters about if it works, or editable.

i’m not a pro at remote events, and in version E2 there will be a chance to spend in-game currency or even :robux_gold:.

the point of that project is a tool giver UI.

why be not civil? i can’t reply to non-civil people.

it doesn’t matter about the lines of code, it matters about if it works, or editable.

stop, please, be civil!

you don’t have to put in description! you can put it in a UI.

admin in this project.

Thank you, you’re right.

it’s open-source, you can download the source code.

it’s not made in ohio, it’s made in U.S.

yes gives you a tool when you click the button on the UI.

i’m still a mid-beginner programmer, sometimes i get mistakes on coding.

uhh okay, instead of the remote events, you can put a folder in ReplicatedStorage named Tools which lets you put available tools, also I will be waiting for the E2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

right now i’m working on version E2, 1 hour or 30 minutes will be ready for production.

1 Like

Hey mate,

Keep on learning LUA you’ll get better at it the more you go :slight_smile: , but if you are going to post this into “community” resources, and then label it as open source, yet want credit. You may want to post this somewhere else.

1 Like

thanks, i’m still a mid-beginner on luau.

1 Like

The code isn’t substantial enough to be a resource.

1 Like

E2 has much more

This text will be blurred

1 Like

ok ping me if you have it ready

1 Like

ohoo E2-beta.1

Changelog:

• moved “Tools” folder to ReplicatedStorage.
  • added robux edition
  • changed some functions in the UI
  • fixed no Tools folder included
  • now you can customize the ohoo interface
    ░█████╗░██╗░░██╗░█████╗░░█████╗░
    ██╔══██╗██║░░██║██╔══██╗██╔══██╗
    ██║░░██║███████║██║░░██║██║░░██║
    ██║░░██║██╔══██║██║░░██║██║░░██║* ╚█████╔╝██║░░██║╚█████╔╝╚█████╔╝
    ░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚════╝░░╚════╝░

suggestions? questions? reply to this post!

Then why act like some professional software distributor?

i’m just a mid-beignner coder, and i’m professional at distributing software.

In total, there are 13 lines of code that I counted by clicking on each line with my mouse.

Source: Pinned topic of #resources:community-resources

I’m sorry if this reply comes off as discouraging, but generally these are the types of scripts that you make for yourself. It’s good that you are progressing in your scripting capabilities, but people are generally going to be very triggered when you advertise something like it’s a huge new framework, when it’s only 13 lines of (relatively) simple code (including me).

I am being civil in this reply, I think.