Old / default R15 packages are missing foot attachment points

Reproduction Steps
Depending on the R15 package you use, foot attachments can be missing.

Expected Behavior
I was under the impression that the R15 rig would have the same body parts and attachment points in the same hierarchy across packages. If this is not true, why?

Actual Behavior
Foot attachments for older packages (Default Block and Robloxian 2.0) are missing. The right foot attachment for the Woman package is also in the wrong position.

Character with a default Block left leg and a Roblox Boy right leg.

Workaround
You could just use the ankle attachment and cry about the offset.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

4 Likes

Hey Razorter,

This is definitely a bug, as all bundles should have foot attachments. We’ll have a look at this and report back once we have the fix in.

5 Likes

Looks like the foot attachments have been added to the default block package. Everything else mentioned is still the same. (Including creating a block rig with the rig builder)

For anyone running into this issue, here’s a small StarterCharacterScript I’ve been using:

local function FixFootAttachment(FootPart, Side)

local AttachmentName = Side .. "FootAttachment"
	local Attachment = FootPart:FindFirstChild(AttachmentName)
	if Attachment and Attachment:IsA("Attachment") then
		return
	end

Attachment = Instance.new("Attachment")
	Attachment.Name = AttachmentName
	Attachment.Position = Vector3.new(0, -FootPart.Size.Y / 2, 0)
	Attachment.Parent = FootPart

print("Fixed " .. FootPart.Name .. " attachment.")

end

local Character = script.Parent
local Humanoid = Character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid")

if Humanoid.RigType == Enum.HumanoidRigType.R15 then
	FixFootAttachment(Character.LeftFoot, "Left")
	FixFootAttachment(Character.RightFoot, "Right")
end

script:Destroy()
1 Like

“Block” and “Man” rigs inserted using the Rig Builder plugin still do not have foot attachments. The misplaced right foot attachment on the “Woman” rig was fixed though.

1 Like

This has actually completely broken one of my game updates as, seemingly, certain players with certain packages appear to be loading in without any left/right foot attachments, completely breaking code that expects for these things to exist.

This is a truly unacceptable problem to have, we are supposed to have consistency in these packages

Default normal square bodies seem to be fine, so it passed testing. Never expected to need to test on a per-package basis.

There is a chance my issue is caused by something else but as far as I can tell certain players, when double-checked via server scripts and consoles… simply do not have these attachments.

2 Likes

Hi. Reminder to the developer team that they still haven’t put foot attachments on some old packages that are used by thousands upon thousands of people

1 Like