Old Roblox Studio Icons [ClassImages.PNG file]

I’ve made my point here as to why the new icons are terrible from the point of view of anyone who has a sight disability, including myself.

For anyone who wants/needs the old icon pack back, I extracted it from an older version of studio:
(Make sure that, before downloading, you right click and hit “Open Image in new Tab” so you get the proper resolution. Otherwise it will most likely get messy in studio.)

By “extracting”, I meant to say I just took the file out of the Roblox Studio folder. A ton of icons, textures, etc. are saved in there.

Good luck and happy developing, everyone!

16 Likes

How did you extract it from the older version of studio and apply it to the updated version?

From what I’ve read, I don’t believe it works like this anymore. Not sure yet as I haven’t gotten the update yet, but a lot of people are saying this.

This only changes the Explorer icons.

Don’t know how he got the icons, but you’ll need to download the image within the topic before following the steps below.

Applying To Roblox Studio:

Close Roblox Studio (if open) before continuing

Windows
  1. Open File Explorer, select the new ClassImages png file and press CTRL + C

2. Press CTRL + R and enter the following text into the box that appears: %localappdata%\Roblox\Versions

3. Find the folder that contains Roblox Studio (look for the studio icon)

4. Open the Content folder (from the folder mentioned in step 3)

5. Open the textures folder (from the folder mentioned in step 4)

6. Press CTRL + V and click Replace on the prompt that appears after doing so

Mac
  1. Go to the Finder app

2. Select the new ClassImages png file and press CMD + C

3. Press CMD + SHIFT + G and enter the following text into the box that appears: /Applications/RobloxStudio.app/Contents/Resources/content/textures

4. Press CMD + V, and click Replace on the prompt that appears

1 Like

As I’ve heard, those methods no longer works. I’m glad I still got the old icons.

2 Likes

Yeah it didn’t work for me (might work for others but it didn’t for me) and I’ve resorted to using the studio mod manager bootstrap

1 Like

They changed??? Didnt even notice.