Old Topics Reappearing as New

A few weeks ago, I discovered that as I scrolled and checked out unseen categories of the forum, I noticed that over #feature-requests:xbox-features, a topic popped up stating that it is recent and was replied to by the Roblox employee @/JParty. However, the reply is old as well as the topic. No edits were made; even so, it is considered new to this subject.

With that being said, there are possibilities to have others around that are so old yet being displayed as new and created days ago.

Reproduction Steps

1. Go to Developer Forum accessing DiscourseHub or on your browser.
  2. Go to #feature-requests:xbox-features and select the first “recent” topic.
1 Like

This happens when someone necro-bumps the thread with non-meaningful content and a moderator removes it.

Not a technical issue, it’s intended behavior, we inherit this limitation from the forum software. A moderator is able to click a button to un-bump the thread.

This doesn’t seem widely spread or something that really affects the reading experience, but if you see this many times during a day, please bring it up in #forum-help:forum-features. I recommend you only do this if you are actually seriously inconvenienced on a very regular basis.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.