Old Unused accounts? Solution!

I personally think it would be a great idea if accounts that have been inactive for 4, maybe 5 years, should be completely removed from ROBLOX, allowing any new members to take those old usernames with their active accounts

14 Likes

This has been discussed before. I think most people voted against it in case of returning members and confusion in the community.

3 Likes

Problem: I will be able to change my name to Fleskhjerta

2 Likes

So many unused good names tho t.t

Edit: Solution could be to remove accounts that only logged in one/two times. This can be calculated by figuring out how many log-in awards they were awarded (under the money tab) and then dividing by 10 because you only get 10 tix a day.

4 Likes

I’d love to have this account c:

I think it’s a decent idea. The people who argue “what if they come back?” are completely wrong in doing so.
If someone created an account over 5 years ago, having never logged in more than once, do you think they plan on coming back? No.
The only thing that would be given away is the username, the actual account would stay in existence, under a randomly generated name, that way, if someone comes back from the depths of hell, they can atleast keep their join date/etc.
The accounts that were only created because “OMG NAMESNIPE” 7 years ago don’t need to take the cool names which could be used by active members of the community.

5 Likes

It would solve the problem of people being forced to use names like Steven281, and really, if you’ve been gone for four years, you don’t deserve to own those namesnipes anyway, and you shouldn’t complain if they’re gone

3 Likes

“Stealing identities because I want cool points is okay because they’re all namesnipes anyway, which is inherently bad because reasons”

Great argument so far, everyone. I’m sure they’re all fired up to get this implemented as soon as possible.

There’d be an instant username blackmarket. It’s not hard to come up with something clever :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There is a reason why many companies that have a presence online don’t remove old accounts regardless of how old they are and/or their acitivity. ROBLOX should follow suit.

1 Like

^

The biggest issue isn’t even that players could assume the name of other people, but the face-value of ROBLOX. If you sign up and see a big banner that says “Btw if you don’t log on for a couple of years we’re going to delete your account so other people can use your username” you wouldn’t exactly have the best first impression of ROBLOX.

2 Likes

What would happen to their places and items?

1 Like

Just to add on, there could be a option in settings such as “Reserve this account” And you can set a time for when you think it would be appropriate for “inactivity-bots” to sniff out whether or not you are inactive. And beyond that the requirements for being labeled “Inactive enough” can follow the suit of the amount of time you set, versus the time since you have logged in, 5 years for example gives you a pretty good idea that the account is inactive.

If the player wants to reserve it indefinitely then that would be their choice

[quote] Just to add on, there could be a option in settings such as “Reserve this account” And you can set a time for when you think it would be appropriate for “inactivity-bots” to sniff out whether or not you are inactive. And beyond that the requirements for being labeled “Inactive enough” can follow the suit of the amount of time you set, versus the time since you have logged in, 5 years for example gives you a pretty good idea that the account is inactive.

If the player wants to reserve it indefinitely then that would be their choice [/quote]

What would be the actual point of this besides wanting a namesnipe.

Just to say this, this has been discussed many times, and it wont happend, please search the forum before posting the suggestion over again.

1 Like

I think it should only happen if all the following criteria is met:

[ul]
[li]Not been online for 5 years[/li]
[li]Last online the same day they registered[/li]
[li]No edits to their place[/li]

[/ul]

A lot of people snipe names and completely forget about them the day after. Like, A LOT of people. I’ve seen so many accounts that meet this exact criteria; they were only ever registered and then left alone forever.

4 Likes

I think the best solution would be to reset those players’ usernames (basically just changing them to “[Content Deleted]” or something) rather than deleting the whole account. Then the next time they log in, they just need to choose a new username. This is the obvious solution in my opinion. Even Runescape does this.

5 Likes

What was discussed last time