Once a game is done, what is the next step?

Sorry about any errors in this post, english is not my main language :slight_smile:

Hey developers :wave:
I’m about to finish my first game ever, therefore, I don’t have a large amount of Robux and a Player Base. My question is, what should I do once my game is done? What have you done?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well you need to start advertising your game and telling people about it and just getting the word out, try to make a youtube videos on it

2 Likes
  1. Try advertising it to your friends, if they like it, you can make a mini-fanbase for your game and have them supporting you.

2. You don’t need a lot of robux, if you can find an alternative way to show off your game for example in the roblox discord.

3. Post it in the devforums, you can get some people to play it and give you ideas

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ll try to spread out to my friends, so maybe the game appears to “Friends Playing” section.

1 Like

Find an investor, if they think your game is good they will give you the robux! Offer them a percentage of what you make. Or promise them like 5000 more robux then they invested!

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips! It is really helpful to me.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll take a look at it.

after you finish the game that you created you must find some bugs so that player don’t get to much complain with your game. after you done that try invite friend to see how good and what you could put in the game before your game open to the public. after their is no bug and new idea that your friend give you, you can now advertise the game to see how the people react to your game.

1 Like

These are very useful tips. I’m going to do what you said before releasing my game. Thank you!

1 Like

I telling you this method to avoid your robux wasted on advertisement

2 Likes

Tell your friends about it, advertise if you can, and have a big campaign that welcomes the newcomers to the game. Then come up with a schedule of when updates will happen. Listen to your community and decide to make changes based on feedback.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, very useful tips! I think I’ll create a discord server for the game to receive feedback. I hadn’t thought about welcome the newcomers, I’ll think about how to do this.

1 Like

Advertise your game. You need to spend up to 20-40,000 on the ad.

1 Like

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don’t have this amount to advertise my game yet.

1 Like

I’d say to have gamepasses so you can earn profit then run ads so your game can get players.

1 Like

Thank you! I have some ideas about monetization, I’ll implement them.

1 Like

Before advertising and promoting your game you need to make sure users enjoy your game gather a few of your friends, to help provide ideas and general feedback and see what other elements are missing in your game. The game should have a ‘fun’ gameplay including a proper game loop.

Promote your game on Twitter using ‘#RobloxDev’ post what the game is about including little teasers- pictures - videos ect. You could also contact Youtubers, to let them check out your game include rewards and other options to engage your players making them return back.

Consider putting towards creating a playerbase in active community; if you don’t have the money to sponsor or advertise your game, and you feel like your ready get your game out there. There are many factors when it comes to releasing a first game project.

2 Likes

Roblox discord? What’s the invite?

1 Like

Thank you a lot! It’ll definitely help me. There are many good tips!

One thing that seems to have a return is to associate with other builders, visiting their games, discord and etc.
I don’t have a lot of visibility, so I join groups, I leave a link, I ask them to test it, little by little players appear, if they like it, I’m sure they’ll come back, which is not really my case, because it wasn’t a project I thought of, I just thought about a random theme for test learning.
I myself, I enter all the games posted in my category in Portuguese and whenever I enter I leave feedback, many do the same.
Count on me!

1 Like