Once a virus is inserted into the game is it permanently there forever?

Hello Developers,

I know that a lot of beginners and even advanced Roblox Developers have once used free models from the toolbox. I posted this topic for one specific reason: Do viruses that get inserted accidentally or purposely from toolbox stay in-game permanently without you knowing?

Say I was searching for something interesting in the Roblox toolbox such as an Apple to eat:

OMG! There is so much to choose from! I insert one of the following and it contains a bunch of coding for game pass IDs and stuff and also happens to contain what seems to be a virus:

You remove the script that is causing the bug or virus to activate. But how do I know that it has been fully deleted from the game? Yes it might not print weird stuff in the output, but what if it’s activated something else dodgy somehow?

Is there a way to make sure that free model viruses haven’t permanently affected your game? Or can you just remove whatever is causing the virus hoping that it hasn’t damaged anything else?

Let me know below :point_down:

1 Like

Since it has coding for game pass stuff, it might be one of those viruses that suddenly trigger a purchase prompt. Pretty sure you can just remove the free model/script and it should all be fine.

Yes, luckily I have no bugs or viruses YET. This was just and example I put. But are there any plug-ins or resources to tell if the virus has been fully removed?

No, it wouldn’t be possible. To illustrate this, you can think of viruses as just any old code in you game (which I mean, technically it is, just not desireable code :wink:). Once you remove code in your game, that code obviously will never run again.

The issue with this however are virus plugins. Virus plugins can in theory keep adding malicious code to your game. You’d have to actually remove to plugin to see results.

As for your question on plugins which detect viruses, I would highly recommend madpoint83’s “Server Defender”. It’s a great plugin and does it’s job well.

2 Likes

Sounds great! I will try out this plug-in. However, is it possible for the virus code to trigger something else into the game that the plug-in can not find?

Depends on the virus honestly if I’m understanding you correctly. For example, if the virus is a script which unanchors everything in the game, that will obviously trigger the event of everything falling and I’m not too sure if something that could be considered intended would be detected by plugins. Plugins are simply just plugins, they can’t read our minds. I would recommend using the plugin paired with searching all your scripts with CTRL + SHIFT + F if this ever happens.

1 Like

Ok that’s mainly what I needed to know about. Thanks for the help :+1:

So when you remove the script containing the virus it will fully be removed?

Under the assumption that the script is actually the main cause and not a plugin, yes!

1 Like