One of my first GFX that I made

Hello community! I was making lot’s of creation in studio since longer and I decided to starting learn about 3D modeling in Blender. Actually I focus on modelling, but I decided to try also learn something about GFX and this is one of the first creation that I made.

Whole GFX was rendered on cycles engine and done in the blender without using any other programs like photoshop.

3 Likes

golly jeez fam, you better not rely on HDRIs to skip over the process of making an environment. you should only use them for lighting and a sky NOT as the entire background.
for the pose however it falls flat with it being a bit stiff and such try to make it more livelier by using reference images and examples.

It’s good but it’s has too much light on the left side. Lower the light. or place the light above the person.

Hey! :wave: :smile:

A couple thing I’d like to point out is the environment, lighting, poses, clothing, and the camera.

First, I’d like to say that using HDRI’s as the environment isn’t the greatest idea since they are only ever used for lighting. One way you can make a rocky environment is getting an image plane for free on some websites that look like rocks and using some nodes to add depth to them! I will link a couple videos that explain how to do that.

Secondly, the lighting doesn’t make sense at all really. In my opinion, it’s really really bright and I think it’d be better if you let the HDRI do it’s thing and work on the rim lighting some more and also use a photo editor to add shade and sunrays!!! Trust me, it does WONDERS! :slight_smile:

Also, The pose could have some work done to it… Right now it looks odd because he should be standing but his legs are walking, try fixing this by giving him a standing position that’s dramatic because in this scenario, he is in a dramatic scene. You should also try 3D Clothing! I can link a video to how you can achieve this because it looks amazing and it would look really good on this one.

Lastly, the camera position. One thing I can say is camera positioning and fov matters a lot. For this you should move the camera down to about his knees and turn up the focal length:

Screenshot 2022-03-25 212828

This will make the camera wider but to add onto that, try adding some Field Of View! you can do this by scrolling down on the Object Data Properties (Camera Icon, also make sure to click on your camera) and enabling Depth Of Field and mess around with the distance then select what you want the camera to focus on!