One player servers starting

I’ve noticed that over the past few days there have been server issues; basically games will begin where there are pages of servers which only contain a single player in them. From what I have seen this has been happening across most (if not all) games and has a general negative impact on player retention. Thanks!

Screenshot of it in my game Ro-Island:

11 Likes

Same.

Having this issue as well.

1 Like

Having the same issue with our games. Currently have 34 servers with one player each.

We are looking into this right now! Thanks for the report.

10 Likes

This things is annoying. I have a 200 max players server.

Was just about to report this too, glad it’s being looked into now.

This is still not fixed which is absolutely disappointing.
Almost every Roblox game is a multiplayer game and therewith requires a specific amount of players per server to work properly. Some games are unplayable on solo servers, get increased dislike rates and lose possible long-term players.
I understand that errors / bugs occur, but this isn’t the first time something this bad happens on Roblox and the entire platform including most players and developers draw a huge disadvantage from that. I really wish to see less issues and more reliability in the future.

1 Like

To be honest, this isn’t far from being a Critical,

Cause this literally make most games unplayable at this point.

Can you provide a list of games this is making unplayable?

1 Like

Hope roblox solves this issue very soon, i have seen this for months and it has gotten annoying.

If a game requires of 8 min players to start the game, it’ll most likely take longer to require those 8 players because its not likely a user will go directly to the server list and join that particular server.
In most cases they’ll most likely click “Play”, creating yet another 1 player server.
An example game I can think of is Survivor.

2 Likes

it’s as @Flubberlutsch stated, Roblox is primarily a Multiplayer platform,
it was abusive of me claiming that “most games” is no longer playable, but there is no doubt most games is somewhat affected by this.

Game that requires players :
e.g : Deathrun have currently 1,140 Players Online
29 is alone
20 (10x2) is on a 1v1 (which for this type of game is clearly not enough)
= 49 encounter this issue

Approximatively 1 players out of 23 is not on a appropriate server
it doesn’t really matter for the player what causes the problem, if anything, it’s the creator’s fault, so they will eventually join a new one or quit for various reasons.

2 Likes

For two of my games, which are simulators. It makes me lose huge money, due to the fact people mostly spend money when they see other players with cool stuff. But because most of my new players/traffic are put into servers by themselves, they don’t buy stuff.

2 Likes

Just wanted to update everyone – on Monday we made a change that should have drastically reduced the number of one-player servers.

Is anyone still experiencing pages and pages of one player servers?

Thanks!

3 Likes

FINALLY!

I hope not but if I do, I’ll let you know.

Thanks! I’ll update the thread if anything else is found :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.