Only let games appear in one spot on front page

As a Roblox player, it is currently too hard for me to find new unique games to play on the front page. Roblox has been making great strides towards discovery lately, but a big problem remains: even with so many categories, most of them still include the same few games.

Screenshot has been edited, both for emphasis and because smol screen

As you can see, across 5 categories, there are 15 games that appear elsewhere on the page, and when you remove those duplicates, look at all that empty space! By only allowing a game to appear on the front page once, the number of unique games visible to the player could be easily increased.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would allow me to find new games to play and make the front page more interesting.

47 Likes

I feel something to add to this which wasnā€™t specified by the OP is that the sort which keeps the ā€˜duplicateā€™ game should be the highest sort on the games page to ensure fairness, for example it wonā€™t be doing adopt me any favours if the sort that roblox puts it in is 10 sorts down.

2 Likes

+1!

I am so bored of seeing those same games again and again.

As you said, this would be just a bit more easier to orient easily and to get your game on FP.

The possible problem could be that Top Games could lose some profit, because they could be seen less. But we would see.

I agree so much with this!

Honestly, Roblox should improve game discovery. This could benefit but Iā€™d want more for game discovery as well.

Some Roblox users will be bored by the limited selection of games they can find.

5 Likes

Oh yes, here is one example. There are many more.

1 Like

Fully agree! Itā€™s like if you went on Twitter and they display the same Tweet multiple times on your feed. Nobody really needs to see the same exact content multiple times because itā€™s redundant and takes up useful space where new content can be displayed.

1 Like

It would be even better if you could filter some games that you are sick of to not appear on the front page.
No offense to the creators is meant here, but, I am tired of Adopt Me being everywhere. When I go to Games, the Popular tab and like 5 others show ā€œAdopt Meā€. I do not want to play Adopt Me as I am not interested in the game, and instead want to discover games that I like.
The Recommended For You sort kinda does the job of game discovery, but whenver you want to visit Games to see what is popular, I get shown Adopt Me over and over again.

Again, no offense is meant to NewFissy and the other creators of Adopt Me, as I can see the game appealing to younger audiences, but itā€™s not appealing to me at all and I do not want to play it.

However making the game appear only in one tab on the front page is an awesome idea that really can make game discovery more easier. I Support it!

1 Like