Open Cloud API Keys Now Support Groups!

A group auto-ranker isn’t hard to make, but I would definitely would want it to be over an API key since it would be far more secure than using a Roblox cookie. I would definitely want to see this getting added in the future, as well as all existing web APIs that we have right now. dragonknightflies did mention that they are going to eventually migrate all existing APIs to Open Cloud, but it will take a while. Regardless, I would love to see this.

1 Like

I wanted to comment on this, since I have a lot of experience in terms of how a lot of people use ranking endpoints and would appreciate this feature added to Open Cloud.

Plenty of users utilize a service called Noblox.js, a Javascript based NPM module that allows ranking. In my case, I’ve ranked user utilizing an experience system. That data has been held on various things for me, ranging from Google Sheets, Google Firebase, Sqlite3, to now MongoDB.

Noblox, at its core, takes a users login token (the thing that says to not share), and logs into an account with that. From there, Noblox handles everything else for the most part via the provided endpoints, wrapping HTTP requests so that its easier for developers to not reinvent the wheel. (You can find documentation on it here: https://noblox.js.org/)

In terms of other users who may not use NodeJS, if you follow the other links on that API I linked above, you’ll come to a Roblox API Discord server, which has several dedicated modules that do the same thing in languages like C#, Python and Java.

Users who lack the development skills for this, simply pay another service, such as ClanLabs, owned and operated by @TechSpectrum.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.