Open Cloud - Publishing Your Places with API Keys is Now Live!

Can’t speak for @ThingOneDev but personally, I am a leader in a clanning community of about 1000 members. We run a service where we track exploiters in the community. Each case has evidence and other information attached, and that is stored on our website. We have a banlist script that a lot of clans involved use and currently we have to manually update that in studio every time we want to add new cases. If I had the ability to automate this via open cloud, it would save a lot of time.

1 Like

Finally! Thank you for this Roblox! No longer do we have to save our cookies somewhere and hope we don’t get hacked. This is an amazing update!

1 Like

It seems like this case would be solved if you could use datastores, messagingservice or memorystore externally via Open Cloud, right? I don’t think you really need models/plugins for this.

Not saying there shouldn’t be publishing API for models/plugins. Just that this particular case seems easier to accomplish with data service access.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m correct here, but you can’t use datastores across multiple universes/users. Everyone who uses our script are from different groups using it in their own places. The script would simply hold an array of user ids.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to use this recently? It appears to be returning 500 errors.

2 Likes

You’ll wanna create a report for that in #bug-reports:website-bugs

1 Like

Could you share more details regarding the use cases for MessagingService?

I have been planning to make a third party moderation service which would support Roblox natively, and having the ability to easily communicate information such as a user being banned, a warning, or an announcement, from my service, directly to a Roblox game instantly without relying on HTTP long-polling, which could be expensive, is most certainly a must, and having at least some kind of endpoint that would allow me to publish to a topic on MessagingService seems like the best, and most convenient means of achieving this as past feature requests for webhook support were rejected for understandable reasons.

I am uncertain of any other use cases for API access to MessagingService outside of the fact that it would allow developers to integrate third party APIs into their games or develop third party APIs for their games to use which could communicate with all of their game’s servers in real-time.

1 Like

Makes sense! Thanks a lot for the details!

2 Likes

I noticed that the API key of my group stopped working just a few days ago, and when I go to my group’s credentials tab in the creator dashboard, I get a message saying “An error has occurred loading the keys.”. Moreover, if I try to create a new key, I get the error:

Network Error
An unexpected error occurred while trying to create the new key. Please try again.

I also had generated an API key for my profile game, and the credentials tab is accessible, I haven’t tried if the key works, but it’s strange that only my group is suffering from this problem.

Is anyone experiencing this ?

Thanks for raising the issue. We see it on our end as well and are looking to fix it. I’ll report back when we have an update.

2 Likes

@homermafia1 we’ve made some changes. Could you try again and see if it works?

I tried, and my key works again.
Thanks!

1 Like

There seems to be stability issues with the open cloud publish APIs. I filed a bug report on this issue : Opencloud publish APIs not functioning as expected

2 Likes

Is there a way to have one API key have access to all my places without manually setting my key to work on all? I understand that this is unsafe, but I need a way to publish all my places.

With IP changes invalidating cookies happening, the need for more Open API endpoints and OAuth2 has greatly increased. Has the ETA of these features changed from being around September 2022?

3 Likes

Hi, just came across this post and the survey doesn’t seem to work so I thought id say this here;

Myself, and a few other developers on the platform are currently really in need of APIs related to modify the properties of a game,

Examples include an API for uploading image / thumbnail files to our experiences allowing us to integrate this with the publishing API to schedule updates.

1 Like

After testing this, it has been very efficient and a life saver instead of making proxy servers all the time when we can use third party servers to get our information!

Can you share more of your use case? What properties you want to change of your game, and why these APIs are important to you?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.