[OPEN] Hiring all Types of Developers

about us

Hey! We are Smileface! A brand new development studio that is working on creating new and amazing game to push out on the Roblox platform. We take as much time as possible to create the best games with the best effort possible. We truly want to amaze our audience by providing the best content possible.

The Team

@Cxany | Lead Design | UI Design | Developer Manager (Portfolio)

@Logimite | 3D Model Design | Head Developer (Portfolio)

@Badle_Yt | Scripter | Head Developer (Portfolio)

@Devolas | Builder | Developer (Portfolio)

the game

We are currently making a game known as ‘Breakout’. This game will be an Escape Room based game. Players can play together, buy ingame items, buy gamemodes & rooms and way more features are included in the game. The game is a pretty simple idea, however it will have several other features implemented into the game to make the game enjoyable for everyone.
The game will be designed to where the rooms will be playable multiple times and still be enjoyable. Puzzles won’t be the same, there will be atleast 35 - 50 preset puzzles on each difficulty of a gamemode while only 15 - 20 are selected. Players can go through and play different puzzles to make the experience different each time. Gamemodes also twist up the game, too.

the job

We are currently hiring 3 developers. 1 scripter, 1 builders and 1 composer. These have different jobs and are very important. Below are all of the jobs w/ the information.

Scripter Information
The job for scripters will be very busy. That is why we have 2 scripters working on our team. You guys will have to split the work and use teamwork to complete the assignments given to you. This also means bug fixes, bug fixes will not be on your list of assignments. However, we expect you to fix the visible ones. Testers will spot out the hidden ones to fix, too. Being a scripter also means having creativity. You don't have to follow every instruction given to you, if something looks better or an idea comes to your mind, do it.

This is a long term job which means you are expected to stay from the beginning and forward. We will push out future updates after release, too. However, the hardest work will be the time in development.
Below are the requirements you must follow in order to apply.

• Works with a team well
  • Easy to communicate to
  • Atleast 1.5 years of experience with scripting
  • Must have previous work
  • Must be online for atleast 1.5 hours a day
  • Must be 14+ Y/O
Builder Information
Builders will have a pretty tight schedule. Since this is such a busy schedule, you will be teaming with another builder. You are both to work together and complete the work together. Being a builder also means you must have LOTS of creativity. You won't be given an example some of the time, so you will have to use your creativity together to make up something.

This is a long term job which means you are expected to stay from the beginning and forward. We will push out future updates after release, too. However, the hardest work will be the time in development.

• Works with a team well
  • Easy to communicate to
  • Atleast 1.5 years of experience with building
  • Must be 14+ Y/O
Composer Information
For composers, you will be making sound effects and soundtracks. You will mostly be making intense soundtracks. You also won't be given an example some of the time which means you will have to use your creativity to make an amazing soundtrack for the game.

• Works with a team well
  • Easy to communicate to
  • Atleast 1.5 years of experience with composing
  • Must be 14+ Y/O

payment

Sadly, Smileface does not have enough funding to pay all of our developers. That is why we are looking for passionate developers who do not care too much about developing, but care about the work. However, we will be paying a percentage.

Scripters: 15% each
Builders: 15% each
Composer: 8%

We are working with 8 developers and we have to split the percentage. Percentages don’t keep going up. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PERCENTAGES IN THE COMMENTS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE PERCENTAGE, THEN MOVE ON.
However, we CAN assure you that you will get Robux even if the game flops. We encourage that you sell your assets if we are in that case.

contact

If you happen to be interested in one of these positions, PLEASE DM me on Discord.
If you have any questions, DM me, too.

Discord: cxany#9392
Discord Server: Smileface Studios
Roblox Group: https://www.roblox.com/groups/7552915/Smileface-Studios#!/about

Thank you for reading!

- Smileface Studios

READ MY COMMENT ON THIS FORUM POST

4 Likes

Please ignore @maxtiger25, she keeps coming onto my posts calling me a scammer in some way without proof.

I have talked with others about this, and found proof of HERSELF being a scammer with multiple people.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Flag her with the issue for the moderators to help you

1 Like

Already did that, but she still has permission to reply to posts.

For composing. Is there any particular instrument we need to compose? Like violin, guitar, trumpet etc.

Soundtracks is a bit broad. Using your imagination is good, however, you need to know what type of theme you are going to do. It could be joyful music in a breakout game. Which you may not want. And a composer like me it takes hours to do one soundtrack. Giving someone a visual could be better, but that is just in my opinion.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

I am sorry I didn’t clarify!
The instruments you will be using will be a range. No specific instrument, just the best that fits.

The theme of the soundtracks will be semi-intense and intense. Each ‘soundtrack’ will technically be a 2 minute loop. You will create a short audio that starts up the loop, the loop and then a short audio that fades into the intense soundtrack/loop (the last 15 minutes).

You should give the composer more profit maybe an extra 2% because as a person who plays the violin, it takes hours to master a soundtrack or days even. It also sucks if you get a screeching noise.

In my opinion, composers should get an extra 2%.

Otherwise, best wishes for your game :smiley:

Update: just found out she tried to send an IP grabber to someone as ‘previous work’.

1 Like

I’m interested in becoming a builder my Discord is Kingerman89#0890.

Tried to send you a friend request. However, some glitch on Discord won’t let me see your profile and DM you from there.

Try DMing me, cxany#9392.

Thank you for reaching out!

Hello! Interested in the GFX Position! Add me on Discord!

jxyvzz#5522

Can’t wait to work with you!

Still looking for a builder & scripter!