'Open in new tab' unavailable for game tiles on Home page

In a recent web update, game tiles were changed to display a pop-up effect when holding your mouse cursor over them. This change affects game tiles displayed on the Home, Games, and Profile pages.

On the Home page, clicking on a tile with your middle mouse button does not open the game page in a new tab. Additionally, right-clicking does not display the ‘Open link in new tab’ option that is usually present. This bug exclusively affects the Home page, as the ‘Open link in new tab’ works correctly on both the Games and Profile pages.

This is quite disruptive to the workflow of developers who tend to navigate to their active project through their ‘Last played’ or ‘Favorites’ section.

Google Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10

40 Likes

Any news on this?
It’s been a month and I still have to abandon my home page to get to the place I want to check/play, which is extremely uncomfortable :confused:
Has this change been actually intended that it hasn’t been fixed yet? Or is it harder to fix than I think?

5 Likes

Has this change been actually intended that it hasn’t been fixed yet? Or is it harder to fix than I think?

It looks like all it’s missing is an href to the game itself. When i add one in, the “Open in new tab” appears.
Screenshot_403

This doesn’t happen in the games section because there seems to be a href there already.

3 Likes

This seems to be fixed for any game tiles that don’t have friends in them, (the ones that look like this) about half way there!

7 Likes

It appears to work for both now.

1 Like

It’s broken again…

Must be the newest update, 'cause I think it worked fine a day ago (I don’t remember if I tried opening in new tab).

12 Likes

see: Cant open games in new tab

Bug report has been filed internally. Working patches are discussed on this thread.

2 Likes