[OPEN] Looking for Game Designer

Hello! I am Workkspace. I will be guiding Team Puzzlebox along with UI Design, Clothing Design, Partial Game Design and Co-Builder. I have been developing on Roblox for around 4 years now and hope to do it for longer. My portfolio is linked here. I have led multiple game studios such as Smileface Studios and Greenbox Studios.

Screenshot_341-removebg-preview

The core concept of Puzzlebox will be an escape room game. These are room(s) that consist of highly-engaging puzzles that lead along with a story. The inspiration for Puzzlebox came from Escape Room 1 & 2 by DevUItra. However, when you replay each room, it will never be the same. All rooms will be FULLY randomly generated spanning from puzzles to rooms to items. Along with this, each room is highly customizable. Players will be able to choose the difficulty, gamemode and theme.

Attached with this, we have a engaging monitization system built to make players keep motivated to earn more rewards by adding shops around the lobby that consist of a variety of different power-ups and cosmetics. (Trails, gamemodes, outfits, accessories.)

Many more features are yet to be thought of. We are hoping to make this game unique, inspiring and engaging. This project may take over a year to make, but it is worth the dedication and the time. We are planning for this game to run on Roblox’s most advanced technology. We want to make this look as professional as possible with top level effort and highly advanced work.

Screenshot_337-removebg-preview

The Game Designer job consists of multiple responsibilities and tasks. The main tasks are coming up with game design ideas such as monetization options, map designs and a variety of other things. Along with this, you will be co-managing a team. Think of this role as a co-manager. You will be given the task to monitor and give feedback to our developers along with many game design tasks.

Your work will begin months before our developers get hired. During this time, we will fully game design the game. Stretching from monetization techniques to room layouts. After all of this is done, developers will start being hired. Once this step is finished, work will begin.

The game’s development will take place in 3 stages. Pre-development, main development and after development. Pre-development will be the development I talked about in the paragraph before this. This will be the shortest but one of the most important. This will consist of the framework of the game itself. Main development will contain hiring all of the developers and start to finish development. This will take around 9 months to a full year. This may be the longest depending on how long we plan to extend this game. This will also be the hardest and most unmotivating. Lastly, after development will consist of game release and future updates such as new gameplay and unique concepts.

Screenshot_338-removebg-preview

Confidentiality Agreement

As a game designer, you will be exposed to all of the information and details of the game behind the scenes. Some of this information is held confidential and will not be leaked to the public. We do not have a signed contract on this, but we do have consequences if you do break this rule. Depending on the intensity of the leak, you will face different punishments. These punishments can lead from a warning to a demotion.

What are confidential statements? Many if not all of these confidential information sources can be found on the game design google docs. From there, this information is to be held from the google doc to the development server. Anywhere else instead of DM’s will be considered as a confidentiality leak.

Not sure which information is considered confidential? Some will be pretty obvious and some will not. Many of the google docs will have a confidential paragraph somewhere in it. This paragraph will state all of the topics that should stay within our developers.

However, if this information is already leaked with permission or by Workkspace, you may leak this. Please try not to branch outside of this topic and mainly stay within the information that has already been leaked with permission.

This confidentiality agreement also ties into development confidentiality. Leaks of our maps will be leaked with permission via Discord and Twitter to excite our community for release. Because of this, permission can be granted either from the game designer or Workkspace. When this is leaked, please refrain from reposting screenshots of different angles of the leaked areas. This section also includes scripts. Many if not all scripts will be concealed to prevent 100% recreations. (Mainly, all assets are to be kept away from the public without permission.)

Screenshot_340-removebg-preview

Due to our low funding, you will be paid in a percentage. However, we do have workarounds if the game fails or if we don’t finish it. Along with your 10%. amount of percentage payment, you will be paid a 1,000 R$ starter payment as soon as you join. These prices are negotiable, let me know if you need some workarounds!

However, if the project seems to fail or isn’t finished, we would mainly just sell assets and split the revenue between each other with the percentages assigned. Or, we could sell the whole project to another studio or a single developer.

If you are not okay with the percentage idea of payment, then this job is probably not for you. We want developers that are passionate about their work and aren’t chasing money. This means putting full effort despite your motivation or payment. There are multiple benefits of percentage payments, though. If a game is very successful, you won’t be able to cash in on the revenue that you helped earn. Instead, you would’ve just earned the revenue that was paid to you.

Where do I get started?

If you are interested, please fill out the application listed below. Within the next 48 hours, I’ll make sure to get to you! If you have any questions, please let me know on the DevForum or on Discord!

Discord: fedup#3157
Application

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.