[CLOSED] Mailbox Simulator

Mailbox Simulator

Please Note: All numbers can be changed and are just examples

The goal of Mailbox Simulator is to create an interactive game with various jobs and tasks that can be played by one person or can be played with friends.

Starting Off

Players start off with a basic mailbox and 1 mailman. Upgrades costs range from 1.5 to 2.5 times the previous upgrade price. Levels 1-10 are 1.5 and levels 11+ are 2.5.

Base mailboxes can hold a certain amount of mail and upgrading (or buying a better mailbox) can allow your mailbox to hold more mail.

There are 7 different mailman that each go by generic names and each has a different perk (1.5x cash, 1.5x XP, etc). The mailman has 4 upgradeable properties: Speed, Cash Multiplier, XP Multiplier, Inventory space (how much mail the mailman can hold).

This game is going to turn out somewhat like work at a pizza place. You can take roles like sorting the mail, delivering the mail, loading trucks, being the clerk, etc.

Our Team

@UndecidedFactor - Project Lead, UI Designer
Open - Scripter
Open - Modeler/Builder
Open - Modeler/Builder

Payment

Scripter - The scripter will be paid 40% revenue and $40 USD at the game launch

Builder/Modeler - 10% revenue and $30 USD at game launch

Please Note: 5-10% goes to the ui designer but the rest is for ads. Contracts will be renegotiated on game launch.

Contact

Contact me via Discord if over 13: Undefined#0002
Otherwise feel free to message me via DevForum

8 Likes

Would you provide the robux equivalent of that payment. Also, what is the design? (low poly…etc)

2 Likes

Low-poly. Not sure about the robux equivalent.

2 Likes

Would love to become a builder for this, I’m great with low poly type of builds.

Why is one UI designer getting twice as much as the people building the entire map? Are you doing more than just UI? I’d suggest giving a higher percentage to the builders, because UI is rarely the most important element of a game.

Personally, I would love to be a creative department type guy who plans the updates and feeds the idea’s to the developers, if such were a thing. I’ll still DM you.

I’m interested. Here’s my portfolio. [OPEN] DarthLexus5467 // GFX Artist // Builder

1 Like

It’s weird how I ended up here, anyways…

You’re trying to have a UI designer + a full stack coder. That’s not sufficient. It’s best to have your Ui designer handle frontend duties while your coder handles backend duties. This way an even amount of work gets done and you maximize development progress.

Typically, due to this, it’s going to be a nightmare for your full stack coder to plan and organize this codebase. If they’re inexperienced, it’s going to lead to overworking and possibly departure which sets your development goals back. Unfortunately, this is a critical time for a game’s success to take a gamble like that.

1 Like

Hi! I’m extremely interested :slight_smile: My portfolio is a mixture of older and newer builds [OPEN] Ex_lus | Builder
Contact me on disc: Exloos#9301

From my maths your getting 40% Just for designing UI the same as your scripter who will probs have the biggest workload, also builders being on just 10% needs to be fixed. Overall I think you should more evenly split the revenue and leave yourself a small share in the game

I’m down to help build, hmu some time soon!.

I am available. Check out JJackTed's Portfolio [BUILDING]. PS these were made in like 5 mins lol

I only get 5%, the rest is going to ads.

Requested by topic creator.