[Open] (Part-Time) New Team Forming

NOTICE: This team is for the most part, part-time. I am working as a deckhand that has me scheduled for 28 days on the boat, and can be placed in a ride-over list up to 2 weeks. Doesn’t mean the pay stops, doesn’t mean that people can’t work on the projects, doesn’t mean we won’t have communication. Could later be turned into a full-time position.

Who am I?
I’m a 9 year veteran of Roblox, been working in development on Roblox for almost 5 years. I am a very outgoing and creative person that is seeking help from other experienced developers to turn my creative mind into reality for others to enjoy. I am a 3D Artist, and Builder, also dabbling in Graphic Design. Somethings that I’ve wanted to work on have been halted due to me not being able to actually script or work with code. It’s my only fault, and it has been for years. I’ve tried to learn time and time again, never understood it. I want to make front-page games and I have the resources to give to my team, either being funds, to extra help to get the project done. I’ve been in leadership positions among different companies working with hundreds of people and making goals and results.

Who am I looking for?

• Scripter (ea. 2 depending on experience): When you read this, you’ll probably get the hint that I have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to anything involving code, programming, whatever. I am looking for someone that knows their way around the entire involvement with programming or scripting. I need someone that can cleanly write code, and put my creative mind as well as the other team members into results. I need it to be in a timely manner, and written to where if you’re absent that a lesser experienced scripter can work with it and fix a minor issue in your absence, with your guidance. And as I said before, me being the owner and manager of this team I am absent and can be absent up to a month and a few days. (my job)

• 3D Artist and Builder: I’d rather just hire a single person to do both of these jobs, I’d rather have someone that is efficient working with the studio tools, as well as 3ds MAX, Maya, Substance Painter, Blender, and Photoshop than someone for each thing. I am looking for another hand to assist me, since I’m not constantly going to be available to the project I need someone to take over when I am absent. The person I decide on with this position must be able to do the following. (Which applies to both the 3D Artist and Builder if there is.)

1. Make clean and time efficient assets. (studio or 3D)
  2. Be able to cleanly unwrap and wrap an asset to where an Artist or yourself could texture without stretching, massive seams, or distorted textures.
  3. Have a creative range, being able to make different styles. Meaning if were working on something realistic, being able to make realistic models. If were making something more vibrant and goofy, being able to do that. Just being able to make different styles.
  4. Have some sort of experience in being a texture artist, while this isn’t an absolute must, it’ll better your chances. I don’t want to hire numerous texture artists when the 3D Artist should be able to do it him/herself. Were not a AAA studio, we won’t and I wouldn’t expect you to be able to make outrageous textures. But do a little painting, or layer art is expected.

And overall you just need to be creative and have the willingness to adapt and learn to different things.

How will this work (at least I’m hoping)?
I’m working a job where I’m gone for a month, and basically home for half a month. I expect my members to be able to continue as I’m gone and I will keep in contact with them through Discord or other platforms to keep them updated and see updates from them. I want things to get done, not slack when I’m not there. As for pay, it’ll be discussed in the next section.

How is the pay going to work?
So my income is steady, I get over 3 large checks in a month. Depending on how you want paid, you will get that pay.
(If you are wanting paid in Robux, you will most likely have to wait for a project to be done to be paid in a revenue share, with a % that is evenly distributed among other members.)

(If you are wanting paid in real-life currency, you will be paid depending on how you want to be paid. Weekly, bi-Weekly, Monthly. I offer this since if you think you’re gonna work hard on a daily basis, you can get paid weekly, if you don’t think you expect a lot of work to be done, choose the bi-Weekly or Monthly option. I want results, if you don’t give me results with the pay you selected you will not last, and you will be fired.)

So starting off, the pay will range anywhere from $500 to $1500. I set that amount for now until we get the ball running, as I said I’m gone for 28 days, I will not be working myself for 28 days. Gradually the pay will increase, and revenue will be distributed as a set % for different positions. I can’t tell you the percentage until I know how many people will be working with us.

I will not have you work and not pay you what you deserve to earn. I work hard in real life, and I get pretty irritated when my company doesn’t pay me or misses one of my checks, or makes mistakes. I wouldn’t do that to my team.

I expect to generate revenue through paid games, and in-game purchases.

In the next 90 days, I get a pay raise. From $3000-$3500 a month, I will be making $3500-$4000. Your pay increases as well. In another 6 months, I will make $4000-$4500, you get a raise. In a year from now, today, I will be making upwards of $100,000 a year. You get a raise.

Not only will you be paid a flat rate dollar amount, you get a revenue percentage. Just because we have games and were making money, you will still get paid. (I know how DevEx works, could take awhile for you to get approved, or have your money sent to your mail, whatever. I want you to have money in your pocket or your bank.

How to get your pay
Not sure now about Roblox’s policies on different services. I will pay within rules and guidelines set by Roblox, if PayPal is allowed, PayPal is possible. If you want a check sent to a P.O. I will send a check, before any of this happens, Roblox will be contacted and I will see what is most appropriate for their platform.

This is my virtual dream, help my virtual dream. Lets be a family.

Must be 13+
How to Contact
Twitter
VosDespero#2023 Discord
Roblox

15 Likes

Worked with Vos a while ago; he’s a very good modeller and artist and does have the resources to fund a team like this.

He’s easy to work with and I think he’ll be a good team leader - would recommend this job.

2 Likes

Hey, could you please clarify what the programmer would be doing?

1 Like

Being the primary programmer for any projects that arise. Send me a message on Discord for more information on the project.

If you don’t end up finding the single individual qualified to fill the joint modeler/builder role, I’m willing to throw my hat in the ring for the builder half.

Thanks in advance. Seems like you and whoever gets the jobs will be putting out great stuff in the future.

2 Likes

Send me a message on Discord. We’ll talk about it there.

Are you in need of an animator?

I’ve sent you a friend request.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.