[OPEN] Project BOOSTERS

PROJECT BOOSTERS
Calling all racing fans! :tada: :oncoming_automobile:

Recently, I have been interested in starting a new game project within Roblox.
However, it has been filled with contemplation and plenty of ideas, but I would like to now start looking for developers who may pay an interest into a project like this.

Currently, the project is only called Project BOOSTERS as I haven’t had much time to think of an official name that would be used for this game. My main ideas for the game as of now are revolved around a Mariokart Battle Mode type of game, mixed in with vehicles of different classes and weapon types.

Yes, you will be able to battle cars within a derby style map! :exploding_head:
Yes, you will be able to blow up your opponents with rockets! (hopefully) :rocket:

If somehow you have never experienced the Mariokart series of games, I will leave some images below from the recent version as to how the maps will function. There is no plan to identically copy each map from the Battle mode, but to instead be inspired from the way in which the maps run and feel.

Mariokart Style

images images%20(1)

Vehicle Weapons

I don’t plan on making these exact vehicles, but I think it would be a good idea to visualise what a car with a gun on it would look like.

images%20(2)

All of the other plans and information I have for the project will be revealed to you IF you happen to be selected. If not, then you’ll just have to wait until the project releases.
What a pity! :slightly_frowning_face:

DEVELOPER POSITIONS
The part that you’ve all been waiting for, what positions are open for this project?
Well, the truth is, there’s only three currently. In regard to any animations or extra work, it will all be contracted, unless if I am forced to pay a percentage.

(Please remember that these percentages can change and fluctuate at any time)

Programmer - 35% (Should be able to work with vehicles)
Builder (Me) - 25%
UI Designer - 18%
Modeler - 15%

The remaining 7% will be used to pay for advertisements, sponsorships and any contracted work needed for the game, such as any map submissions. That will all be announced later!

Currently, I cannot offer USD or a straight-up fee, plus any alternative payment.
All of the contracted work will be completed after the game releases in an Alpha stage if it experiences any sort of success.

I understand that the payment is currently underwhelming, but please understand this game could profit highly with the right monetisation and right backing. Currently, this is a passion project as I’ve always been a fan of racing games, and I have been disappointed at the lack of a game like this on the Roblox platform.

CONTACT INFORMATION
If you are interested in applying, you can add me on Discord.
My tag is BarryYee#4776

I will then send you a quick google form in order for you to submit your examples, plus to ask some quick questions about you as a developer. You can also ask me any appropriate questions about this project here or within my DM’s.

Please make sure you tell me if you’ve added me or not, and I will try to respond to all of my DM’s as soon as I possibly can.

4 Likes

You already know I’m down for this, I am in love with cars.

1 Like

What is your plan about the game monetization?

1 Like

Currently my plans for currency range in a variety of game-passes and developer products. I think these would probably be the main types of monetisation I might decide to include.

Purchasable/Exclusive Currency
(Reasonable rates though. Around 3-5 currency = 1R$)

Loot Boxes
(Exclusive skins, perks, guns, vehicles, whatever)

Multipliers
(Multiply the effect of various boosts within the map)

I think some of the monetisation would be focused on exclusivity, but then the rest would be for game-passes that don’t outbalance play and most would only offer some sort of cosmetic benefit. The main focus currently is developer products for a game like this.

Also, I think it might be a good idea to have the game on paid access during it’s alpha-beta stages as I want to get it out by the summer, which is around 2-3 months or so.

I’m Interested. I sent you a friend request on Discord. (Pixel#0005)

2 Likes

Sent you an FR on Discord. U**e*o** #006*.

Not giving out my info, but you’ll be able to identify me.

2 Likes

Sent friend request on discord.(Awak3nedZer3f#8715)

1 Like

We’ve already received a ton of UI submissions, but we’re still looking for Modellers and Programmers.

If you’re looking to model, you should be good at creating vehicle and weapon models, such as guns within a typical low-poly style. (Inspiration would be Jailbreak for example)

If you’re looking to be a programmer, you should be able to work with scripting vehicles and any game mechanics we look to introduce. We already have an assistant programmer in the form of @feIdhues who is taking care of UI programming and other simple scripts.

Sent you a friend request on Discord! (Coyan#3181)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.