OPEN SOURCE | Advanced Melee System

Thank you for this resource! I was looking for a more advanced melee combat system to use in my game than the default sword script. I’m glad I found this! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

v0.5.1

pre-release - This version has not been fully tested.

Fixes a major crashing issue & adds an anti-team kill option.

Notice:

Make sure to update your plugin before clicking setup again to load in the new scripts. If you already setup your animations copy the ids from the OLD_Config (created when you click setup on a game which already has AMS) into the new config. If you made any changes to the core AMS-scripts they will be overridden by the update.

2 Likes

Try adding a damage settings for each swords, bows, spears. To config the damage, there should be a module script for each weapons (except for shield). Try add this in the next update.

Edit: Try adding instant kill setting, also a sound effect when hit.

Anyone know how to make this damage npcs?
I’m not that experienced with lua…

1 Like

amazing, its a great system for PVP games nowadays hope you do a advanced weapon (gun) system

how can i get the “middleware” system to do something like this?

There is Already ACS for that, just look it up. it even has a medical system in it too.

I mean a TPS/OTS type one, ACS is fps.

Wolfenchan guns then. Thats Fps and tps.

a open sourced OTS system :skull:
I dont want the outdated one.

Oh ok. There is this open source ots system but it hasnt been updated since january
[ OPEN-SOURCE ] OTS Gun System [ NO LONGER UPDATED ] - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox

This is a Camera stuck OTS system + its outdated

You could try tweaking it to your preferences since its open source.

Hello!
Thanks so much for this system, greatly appreciated!
A couple features that I would love to be added would be these:

1. NPC Damage toggle.
  2. Arrows can Go through CanCollide objects

Other than that, thanks again!

3 Likes

v0.6.0

pre-release - This version has not been fully tested. If you find any bugs let me know.

Description:

• Adds ability for weapons to have different damages. Check the config.
MeleeDamage = {
	-- ToolName = { MinDamage, MaxDamage }
	Kopis = { 20, 40 },
	Dory = { 20, 40 },
},
RangedDamage = {
	-- ToolName = MaxDamage
	Bow = 40,
	Dory = 100,
},
  • Weapons can damage npcs as they are now based on damaging humanoids rather than players.
  • Fixes team kill not working for ranged weapons.
  • For those looking to make a kill/death leaderboard “Kills” and “Deaths” are added as attributes under the player instance which can be tracked.
  • Created config element StunForNpcs to disable stunning only for npcs.

Notice

Make sure to update your plugin before clicking setup again to load in the new scripts. If you already setup your animations copy the ids from the OLD_Config (created when you click setup on a game which already has AMS) into the new config. If you made any changes to the core AMS-scripts they will be overridden by the update.

AMS does not work well with AnimationWeightedBlendFix. It is recommended to disable it.

1 Like

Any plans on adding ‘durability’ system to melee weapons such as the sword?

I always found it very strange that this combat system DIDN’T support custom damages from the get-go. That’s kind of what turned me off from using it when it was released.

v0.6.1

Fixed a bug where weapons that do not have their damage set will break.

Follow the installation instructions on my last post to update AMS.

1 Like

Any plans to add a toggle for the custom backpack to be disabled, so that it uses the default roblox backpack? The system is rather limiting in that aspect, which is a shame. Edit: It would also be nice to be able to disable the welding to torso, so that we could implement our own holstering system.

1 Like

The infinitum Community discord has an AMS help section if you want any help with things or to find out more about what it can do (AMS can do more than you think)