[OPEN SOURCE] Easy Dialogue System

• CONSTANTLY UPDATED RESOURCE !
  • LAST UPDATED: July 11, 2024

Hey DevForum!

I’ve recently been working on a dialogue system for my game and decided to create an open-source version of it. This version isn’t intended for the final game, but it’s still useful and can be easily improved and learned from.

HOW TO SETUP:

1. Get the model [ https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/18419395844 ]

2. Insert the model into your place and put the Dialogue ScreenGui in StarterGui.

3. Create characters (or anything else that supports ProximityPrompts, even brick walls :brick: ) and name them whatever you want - make sure the names don’t repeat

4. Add ProximityPrompts in your characters
    or brick walls :brick:

5. Enter the Data ModuleScript:

6. Within the Data ModuleScript, insert dialogues for your characters and adjust their settings. Ensure that YourCharacterName is replaced with the actual name of the desired character.

7. Done. :confetti_ball: - It should look something like this:

EXTRA: Additional settings can be found in the Program (main code) LocalScript, though these settings are less important.

• If you run into any issues, please let me know and I’ll help you out.

AWESOME FEATURES OF THIS SYSTEM:

• Specified KeyCode press to continue (fully navigated by the player)

• Lag-independent - ensures the dialogue remains the same on low FPS devices, even the TypeWriter effect flow

• Does not break upon death

• One dialogue at a time

• Easily customizable and modifiable

• Somewhat readable code (it might be a bit messy, but you’ll get used to it quickly)

• Easy to set up (mostly automated and beginner-friendly)

• Fast and attention-span friendly (perfect for recovering TikTok addicts) :brain:

• Additional code that executes at the end of a dialogue - perfect for animations, sound effects, key game events, and more.

If you have any ideas for my upcoming free resources, please write them down. I might publish some of them. :wink:

16 Likes