Open Source! Roblox Tram/Train

Open Source train/tram kit.

New Update click the link for the new file and photos

The kit uses parts to guide itself along the rails. Running on bodyvelocity so it can climb any hill. The train I have on it rightnow is from sketchfab but you can delete it if needed because it doesnt quit matter. It uses blocks to control its movement and can stop, slowdown and speed up using blocks. The blocks can also make it honk its horn. When it stops at a station its doors open. You can enable the car to switch direction and you can also set the stop duration. Do not make the stop duration shorter than 10 seconds due to the timing of the slowing down and the doors. I am a newer scripter so please understand this is not the best script. Its single script and 130 lines of code.

Please comment what projects you use with this tram desgin.

tramforfree!!!.rbxm (2.0 MB)

14 Likes

Cool model, just need to put this topic in #resources:community-resources :slight_smile:

sorry new to dev fourm how do I change this or will I have to just copy and paste it.

1 Like

No worries! You just need to click the pencil next to the topic and you should be able to change it!

I noticed you made another topic on this. Now you can delete this one (click the … and then the trash button)

Wont let me delete. Hopefully nobody gets mad I didnt mean to lol.

1 Like

Hmm you could still change this topic to #resources:community-resources so it doesn’t get taken down

Or you could flag it like the message you got says.

yeah i am lol … just there for the cha=rcters

2 Likes

Nice job, was looking for something like this and this seems it will be cool to work on so far.

Also heads up, there’s profanity (a swear word :scream:) in the Stop part’s NextStopName value

Thanks! I just realized that I forgot to remove that before uploading, Ill update it in the V2 of it.

Pictures? I need to see before downloading.

Ill add pictures soon! I am making a V2 with more options and such.

Nice model! Works pretty good, everything is smooth. Thanks for making this, would love to see a second update.

Second Update is here!

Inprooved the smoothness of the model.

Adding crossings (The base code is there you will have to do some editing.)
Fixed the issue with the next stop value.
Added a video and some photos

Next Update will include:

New train body
Multi car trains
Turning on and off the lights
New style of door openings
Open L/R doors or both at a stop.

Photos:

TrainUpdate2.rbxm (2.0 MB)

Photos can be found here.